Help CGI-VB

Post by Anand S. Chouth » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I am using Windows(3.11) Httpd1.4c version for testing VB <-> CGI executables
to access Access database. I am having lot of Problems? I need to know if any
body can provide sample profile files and any information about what steps to
take in order to get it working. I have created a small database and written
a VB program, but when I try to execute it through netscape it gives me
following error

404 Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server:

/global/dbtest.exe

(c:/httpd/global/dbtest.exe)

Am I doing something Wrong? Please Help.

Thanks

-Anand

Help CGI-VB

Post by Mike Crowle » Tue, 30 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>I am using Windows(3.11) Httpd1.4c version for testing VB <-> CGI executables
>to access Access database. I am having lot of Problems? I need to know if any
>body can provide sample profile files and any information about what steps to
>take in order to get it working. I have created a small database and written
>a VB program, but when I try to execute it through netscape it gives me
>following error

>404 Not Found

>The requested URL was not found on this server:

>/global/dbtest.exe

>(c:/httpd/global/dbtest.exe)

>Am I doing something Wrong? Please Help.

>Thanks

>-Anand

It appears you need to add the following to your SRM.CNF file:

WinScriptAlias /global/ c:/httpd/global/

There is already a section for WinScriptAlias in the file, just add
the line in the appropriate section.

Alternately, move DBTEST.EXE to the CGI-WIN directory.

--
Mike Crowley

    http://130.45.40.46/cgi-win/winhome.exe
    icbm: 26.12N, 80.14W

1. WebSite VB$ win-cgi help needed desparately

Hi,
My server is windows NT with Website, and I need to know how I can run
a CGI app as soon as anyone logs into my server, I think maybe
Index.exe might work, but more important, I need the program to mail
me, and I don't know how to mail from VB-cgi app? any help is
appreciated

Korey

2. Cyrix P-166 and NT 4.0

3. Complex WebSite/Win CGI/VB/MS Access Query Help Needed

4. Firewalls

5. CGI with IIS question (a way to terminate the CGI output but not the CGI)

6. Restore backup of Win 98 file

7. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

8. Intellisync 3.7

9. HELP VB 5.0 How to block on a VB APLI.

10. need code to parse <option> multiple from CGI-Win under VB using WEBSITE

11. sending mail with a vb cgi (pizza.exe)

12. ANNOUNCE: WebCount - VB CGI Hit Counter

13. Application Error of VB CGI