MS DOS programs in Windows 2000 Pro

Post by juli » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:59:57

I cannot run MS DOS programs in Windows 2000 Pro
When I check the support information in MS Website I found
that I miss one file (NTVDM.EXE) in my system so I expand
it from my CD. Now, when I'm typing command.com in
Start/Run the window prompt opens and closes inmediatly,
in a few tenths of second and the MS DOS programs that I
try to run doesn't run.
Can anybody help me?

.

MS DOS programs in Windows 2000 Pro

Post by Herman D. Knobl » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:04:44

julius:  Running from Start/Run does not allow you to see the
message(s) generated by the running program.

Click Start/RUN and type in:  CMD.EXE
then type the command that you wish to run.
Any messages from that program will then be displayed on the screen.

Skip Knoble, Penn State

-|I cannot run MS DOS programs in Windows 2000 Pro
-|When I check the support information in MS Website I found
-|that I miss one file (NTVDM.EXE) in my system so I expand
-|it from my CD. Now, when I'm typing command.com in
-|Start/Run the window prompt opens and closes inmediatly,
-|in a few tenths of second and the MS DOS programs that I
-|try to run doesn't run.
-|Can anybody help me?
-|.

   Herman D. (Skip) Knoble, Research Associate

   Web: http://www.personal.psu.edu/hdk
   Penn State Information Technology Services
    Academic Services and Emerging Technologies
     Graduate Education and Research Services
   Penn State University
     214C Computer Building
     University Park, PA 16802-2101
   Phone:+1 814 865-0818   Fax:+1 814 863-7049

MS DOS programs in Windows 2000 Pro

Post by Jerry Greenbe » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 13:46:06

This should be installed from your system disk. It will go in to  the
system32 area.

If you search the www maybe you can find somewhere to download it.

I do not have 2000 myself, but support many systems that use it.

Jerry Greenberg
http://www.zoom-one.com