Win calc

Post by Mike Walter Ball » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 17:51:32

Check this out!  I just read in the new Info World mag that Microsoft
just anounced that there's a problem with thier calculator in Windows
3.1.  Subtraction caluulations involving any numbers ending in .01 will
give wrong answers.  Microsoft would not specify how long that they have
known about the problem; Windows 3.1 shipped in 1990.  However the company
promised that the same error would appear in Windows 95.  Windows users can
expect to see a new calculator sometime in January, to be made available via
on-line services and on disk.

Information source: Info World Magazine Volume 16, Issue 51 (December 19,94)

               *** WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!! ***
--

Win calc

Post by Joseph Bevilacq » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 23:35:35

Quote:(Mike Walter Ballon) writes:

>Check this out!  I just read in the new Info World mag that Microsoft
>just anounced that there's a problem with thier calculator in Windows
>3.1.  Subtraction caluulations involving any numbers ending in .01 will
>give wrong answers.  Microsoft would not specify how long that they
have
>known about the problem; Windows 3.1 shipped in 1990.  However the
company
>promised that the same error would appear in Windows 95.  Windows users
can
>expect to see a new calculator sometime in January, to be made
available via
>on-line services and on disk.

>Information source: Info World Magazine Volume 16, Issue 51 (December
19,94)

>               *** WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!! ***
>--

Well, at least they didn't tell InfoWorld the same lie they told CNN
about only discovering the bug two months ago.  Sorry, I couldn't
resist. :-)

1. Authorwa Calc. Time Used at Task

As part of an application in Authorware, I am trying to create calculate
how long it took the user to go from one step to another step.  I can only
find variables and functions that return the total time that the user has
been within the application.  Any suggestions.

Mahalo in advance.

Bret Ellis
Brigham Young University-Hawaii

"We often forgive those who bore us; we cannot forgive those whom we bore."
                                                                                                              --Duc de La Rochefoucauld--

2. Folder options

3. XP Powertoy Calc load custom settings problem

4. auto reply on MS Outlook 2000

5. Power toy calc -- what a shame

6. Javascript doesn't run in Apache!!

7. Unusual problem involving calc.exe

8. What you've been waiting for.....

9. Recognition Problems with TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphing Calc.

10. Running Calc or CRC causes error in CRTDLL.DLL

11. CALC.EXE source code needs

12. Need executable of xrolo and HP12 financial calc for SCO Open Desktop

13. Subnet Calc