pptp

Post by Angelo Melende » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We setup a VPN using pptp. Works OK but when we put it to the test on
the internet, the access list on our Cisco serial interface would not
permit RAS to establish the PPP connection.

I modified the list to allow any address to any tcp/udp port on the
required subnet and the test still failed. However, when I removed the
access list altogether (which by the way is a standard Cisco list) a
connection was indeed established.

Does anyone know if the router (Cisco 2514 IOS v11.1(5)) requires
additional configuration on the netbios side of things? Any thoughts
greatly appreciated - am

pptp

Post by Aki Anttil » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

You have to add permit line for the GRE (Generic Encapsulation Protocol) as
well. Dont remember the protocol number right now but you can find it form
www.iana.org.

Aki

Quote:>Does anyone know if the router (Cisco 2514 IOS v11.1(5)) requires
>additional configuration on the netbios side of things? Any thoughts

1. XP PPTP VPN Server and PocketPC PPTP VPN Client

FYI,

I have created a small page that details my configuration for PPTP VPN access to an XP Pro PPTP VPN server from an iPAQ 3835 PocketPC over a 56 Kbps dialup link. This may be of interest to some of you...

http://www.oecadvantage.net/ajarvi/PpcVPN.html

I am able to access network shares from any of my three networked XP Pro machines, copy/cut-in-paste/open shared files and use the PocketPC Terminal Services Client (TSC) to run an XP Pro Remote Desktop session through the VPN tunnel. The only thing I can't do currently is to ActiveSync over the VPN link. If someone has an idea on how to accomplish this I would certainly be appreciative. When I do initiate ActiveSync from the PocketPC I do connect but only as a "Guest". Note that I can ActiveSync normally over the USB link to my personal XP Pro box and via a wireless LAN link on my home LAN.

--
    Al

benefit of all of us...Unsolicited personal emails are *NOT* answered.

---

2. External floppy drive suddenly not recognized

3. PPTP - TCP/IP over PPTP seems slow

4. Copy Address Book

5. Simultaneous PPTP and non-PPTP links: possible?

6. RDP and Windows CE

7. what's wrong with HTTP behind a W2k router with a PPTP connection?

8. Hangs on saving settings

9. I NEED TO INSTALL PPTP

10. PPTP

11. PPTP VPN Error 650

12. How to manually reinstall PPTP WAN miniport??

13. enable PPTP Passthrough in WinXP