Same as; network init slow, also DUN damaged after SP3 install-deinstalled no help

Same as; network init slow, also DUN damaged after SP3 install-deinstalled no help

Post by Mark Wetze » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 06:31:13

After SP3 install, network init takes forever, 3-4 minutes to boot.

Also I have installed Verizon DSL, and accompanying WINPoet S/W to dial. I
do not get a connection icon in Network window, so I can't disconnect the
session. Verizon claims they are getting boatloads of calls on this and
there is no fix.

Any ideas?

I've uninstalled SP3, but still no luck. Verizon says, it's too late, damage
was done.

Mark

1. slow network login after installing DUN 1.3

I recently installed DUN 1.3 and a few security patches found
on MS's web site, and now when I dial in to my ISP, it
takes much longer to establish a connection (used to take maybe
5 seconds, now it takes more than a minute). Once connected, my sessions
seem to work as usual.

I've glanced through the settings of my connectoid but haven't seen
anything unusual. Is this slow response simply an unavoidable
consequence of version 1.3 of the dialup software, or is there
something I could fix?

2. Win NT and Netware Client Services

3. Slow network response after installing W2000 SP3 on servers

4. What should I be using to for a good office Database?

5. help: App init errors on NT4/SP3

6. IE6, Win2K, and cookie and zone problems

7. BDC: client network logon slow and network browsing slow after installing BDC

9. SP3 install Hangs using network install download on w2k server

10. Installed SP3, PC now slow on start-up, etc

11. Damage to Netscape by NT4 SP3

12. ISP DUN and Network DUN

13. Active Directory Users and Computers slow init.