Use of Cooltalk with Nav.Gold and IBM Mwave

Use of Cooltalk with Nav.Gold and IBM Mwave

Post by Wally Schwa » Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:00:00

The following FAQ was posted back in Oct.'96, and I've not seen any
new information, related to CoolTalk not working with IBM Mwave.  In
fact, my Aptiva with Win95 locks up when trying to use CoolTalk,
requiring a reboot.  I'm new to this forum - anybody else having this
problem, or is this the least of their worries?  Is this worth
pursuing, or should I be looking for another internet phone product?

--------------Netscape FAQ on CoolTalk-------------------------------
"I have an IBM Mwave modem (or one using the Mwave chipset), and
     it doesn't work. Why not?
          There are currently outstanding issues with the Mwave
chipset. We are working
          with IBM to resolve the conflicts, but for now, the Mwave
will not work with
          CoolTalk. Please check the FAQ on the Netscape Help Home
Page frequently for
          updates on this issue."

Wally Schwane