ExitInstance ins't getting called

ExitInstance ins't getting called

Post by Jeff D. Haman » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00



I've got an application that does a couple of things and no matter how many
times I get rid of and add (using the class wizard) MyApp::ExitInstance()
doesn't get called? What could be the reasons for that?

Just to make sure the function is getting called, I wrote a simple
application (again, using the calss wizard) and just added an ExitInstance
function and the function got called in the simple app. So what is going on?
Is there something that is affecting the overridden function ?

This just makes like MFC even less and less. Please Help.

Jeff.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jeff D. Hamann
280 Peavy Hall
Department of Forest Resources
Oregon State University
Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
541-740-5988
541-737-2375

 
 
 

ExitInstance ins't getting called

Post by Jeff D. Haman » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00


My application DOES exit with a return code = 3

will that help since I can't ssem to find any return code vaules from
WinMain

Jeff.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jeff D. Hamann
280 Peavy Hall
Department of Forest Resources
Oregon State University
Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
541-740-5988
541-737-2375



> I've got an application that does a couple of things and no matter how
many
> times I get rid of and add (using the class wizard) MyApp::ExitInstance()
> doesn't get called? What could be the reasons for that?

> Just to make sure the function is getting called, I wrote a simple
> application (again, using the calss wizard) and just added an ExitInstance
> function and the function got called in the simple app. So what is going
on?
> Is there something that is affecting the overridden function ?

> This just makes like MFC even less and less. Please Help.

> Jeff.

> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff D. Hamann
> 280 Peavy Hall
> Department of Forest Resources
> Oregon State University
> Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
> 541-740-5988
> 541-737-2375



 
 
 

ExitInstance ins't getting called

Post by famousguy.ne » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00


Error code 3 : The system cannot find the path specified.
Does that help??

Chooi Guan

--
Learn how to speed up Windows!
http://www.famousguy.net
http://www.chooiguan.com
Home to Quick File Rename and Data Stash.



> My application DOES exit with a return code = 3

> will that help since I can't ssem to find any return code vaules from
> WinMain

> Jeff.

> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff D. Hamann
> 280 Peavy Hall
> Department of Forest Resources
> Oregon State University
> Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
> 541-740-5988
> 541-737-2375



> > I've got an application that does a couple of things and no matter how
> many
> > times I get rid of and add (using the class wizard)

MyApp::ExitInstance()

- Show quoted text -

> > doesn't get called? What could be the reasons for that?

> > Just to make sure the function is getting called, I wrote a simple
> > application (again, using the calss wizard) and just added an
ExitInstance
> > function and the function got called in the simple app. So what is going
> on?
> > Is there something that is affecting the overridden function ?

> > This just makes like MFC even less and less. Please Help.

> > Jeff.

> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> > Jeff D. Hamann
> > 280 Peavy Hall
> > Department of Forest Resources
> > Oregon State University
> > Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
> > 541-740-5988
> > 541-737-2375


 
 
 

ExitInstance ins't getting called

Post by ] » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00


You application is crash at the mid of the execution, please trace one by
one until where is the last execute line.

Teow

> Error code 3 : The system cannot find the path specified.
> Does that help??

> Chooi Guan

> --
> Learn how to speed up Windows!
> http://www.famousguy.net
> http://www.chooiguan.com
> Home to Quick File Rename and Data Stash.



> > My application DOES exit with a return code = 3

> > will that help since I can't ssem to find any return code vaules from
> > WinMain

> > Jeff.

> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> > Jeff D. Hamann
> > 280 Peavy Hall
> > Department of Forest Resources
> > Oregon State University
> > Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
> > 541-740-5988
> > 541-737-2375



> > > I've got an application that does a couple of things and no matter how
> > many
> > > times I get rid of and add (using the class wizard)
> MyApp::ExitInstance()
> > > doesn't get called? What could be the reasons for that?

> > > Just to make sure the function is getting called, I wrote a simple
> > > application (again, using the calss wizard) and just added an
> ExitInstance
> > > function and the function got called in the simple app. So what is
going
> > on?
> > > Is there something that is affecting the overridden function ?

> > > This just makes like MFC even less and less. Please Help.

> > > Jeff.

> > > -----------------------------------------------------------
> > > Jeff D. Hamann
> > > 280 Peavy Hall
> > > Department of Forest Resources
> > > Oregon State University
> > > Corvallis, Oregon 97331-8566 USA
> > > 541-740-5988
> > > 541-737-2375


 
 
 

1. HELP: ExitInstance() & _WEP() not called

Hi,
I am using VC 1.52 & MFC 2.62 to build a Windows 3.1 16BIT USRDLL.
I have noticed that the ExitInstance() method is not called. The same
holds for static object destructors and MFC's _WEP.
 I have carefully followed the instructions in the KB article
"Q98374: Using C Run-Time WEP() in MFC 2.0 or 2.5 _USRDLL Library"
(MSDN)
but it does not help.
Disappointed, I turned to the DLLTRACE sample that comes with the MFC
and noticed that it has the same problem (that's a relief :-).
Any Ideas?
TIA,
Amit
+----------------------------------------------------+

Senior Software Engineer
W-6 Division

IET - Intelligent Electronics Ltd.
14, Raoul Wallenberg St. Ramat Ha'chayal
Tel Aviv  69719
ISRAEL
Tel: 972-3-6497814  Ext. 481 Fax: 972-3-6497818
+----------------------------------------------------+

2. RAS error message 652

3. Keeping getting locked or who knows what it's called.

4. Windows 2000 Problem

5. Windows cannot find 'E:\Setup.ins'.

6. Upgrading to Win XP

7. Im THIS close to Getting One -- Looking 4 a 'Yay' of 'Nay'

8. Media Player 9

9. 'gets' and '_getws'

10. Why isn't CWinApp calling ExitInstance? also, destructors

11. AfxFreeLibrary in CWhyApp::ExitInstance() Win95 problem.

12. Wine's most-called 'fixme' functions

13. call IMediaControl::Pause( ) gets hr=1