Cookies: the MM256.DAT and MM2048.DAT files under C:\WINDOWS\Cookies

Cookies: the MM256.DAT and MM2048.DAT files under C:\WINDOWS\Cookies

Post by Stefano Bonacin » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello all
does anyone know what are those files and what information is contained
in them?
Tanks in advance for your help

stefano bonacina

Post by don leb » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:Stefano Bonacina writes:
>does anyone know what are those files and what information is contained
>in them?

They're indexes to the cookie files. All of the MM*.DAT files you see
with IE3 are indexes of one sort or another.

 --

  http://www.maui.net/~dml/

Cookies: the MM256.DAT and MM2048.DAT files under C:\WINDOWS\Cookies

Post by Kai Schaetz » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> does anyone know what are those files and what information is contained
> in them?

These database files contain the organizing information for the cookie
files of MSIE in the same directory.

Kai

--

Kai Sch?tzl, Berlin, Germany
German Win95 Helpsite: http://bolero.base.org

1. What is causing Mm2048.dat & Mm256.dat files?

Recently the files Mm2048.dat & Mm256.dat files
have shown up on my system. They are in the c:\
windows\cookies, c:\windows\history, and C:\temp
directory. They are both 8192 bytes long and if
opened in notepad they show only
"Client UrlCache MMF Ver 3.2".
They can only be deleted from boot to dos mode.
If I erase them they come back after the next
restart. I have scanned for virus both from win95
and a cold start to dos, none found.
Any ideas?

2. Strange behaviour of winsock

3. Fatted Cows - MM256.DAT & MM2048.DAT

4. Problem with internet connection

5. Q:What utill can read windows registryfiles externly (ntuser.dat, system.dat, user.dat)

6. Scroll mouse & W98?

7. INTERNET EXPLORER 6 INDEX.DAT FILE AND COOKIES

8. System Restore Entry point not found - Help

9. How can I restore INDEX.DAT file from COOKIES folder in XP Pro?

10. ZERO cookies, temp internet files, Index.dat

11. Cookies and index.dat file

12. Cookie /title INDEX.dat (locked fo editing) 160KB

13. removing index.dat from cookies