Turning off sounds/music that automatically start when you visit a web page?

Turning off sounds/music that automatically start when you visit a web page?

Post by D » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone please tell me how to disable the automatically starting
sounds in a webpage that is being visited?  Sometimes the music &
other sounds, etc are extremely annoying!

Thanks in advance!

DR

Post by durgi » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Can anyone please tell me how to disable the automatically starting
> sounds in a webpage that is being visited?  Sometimes the music &
> other sounds, etc are extremely annoying!

> Thanks in advance!

> DR

More important for those without sound at all (i.e. the P-6, NT 4.0
commercial crowd) is the fact that an error message box pops up and
demands a response.  Until it gets one it leaves a zombie process that
slows the whole system down.  I've gone to sites where the sound is
embedded on every page and had four or five of these pop up before my
system would grind to a halt.  If you are multi-tasking the box can
easily get hidden in the background.

My only speculation is that a plug-in could be disabled.  Anybody have a
handy dandy list of the plug-ins that require/presume sound so we can
make sure we DON'T install 'em?

I'll pass answers to the NT news groups if there's a good response.

Thanks in advance.

1. Web Pages that open other web pages automatically

Many internet sites now have code in their sites to open
additional pages for advertisements. In some cases several
pages are being opened at once. This is becoming an
annoying and unwanted trend. It slows down the activity
and in many cases these pages are filled with graphics.

Are there any settings in IE6 that allow the user to
control the unwanted opening of additional web pages?

Richard Meuleveld

2. FTP Server For Windows????

3. Strange spark sound on visiting web pages

4. Security permissions sending a fax

5. PC turns off - stays off - automatically

6. Abouth Net Meeting:

7. turn off auto image resizing from web page (jave?)

8. Multiple instances of same view?

9. web pages do not refresh or update upon each visit to the page

10. Help turn off annoying sound on some page loads

11. ATI-TV turns off Line in Sound everytime it starts!

12. how do i turn off the sound when Real Jukebox 2 starts?

13. how can I turn on web page sounds for MSIE?