PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

Post by Anabe » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have developed an asp file under Frontpage 98, and my web server is
using IIS3.0.
When I upload this asp page to the server, it works very fine.   And,
I modify this asp file and upload again.  When I browse it, it still
comes out the old version - the page before modified.  I really don't
know why??  I have already done the following :

1.  I reflesh and reload the page in the browser, it still came out
the old page
2.  I use one machine that has never called this page before, and
browse it, still the old page
3.  I check the content of this asp page in the www server using
Notepad, the content is absolutely new.
4.  This is the  strangest thing. As I am very hungry, I delete the
whole web file in the www server, and also in IIS Manager, I delete
all the virtual directory and home directory pointed to this web page.
And also restart the server.
When I called this page again from any browser, Oh God, the same page
comes up again.  I press reflesh, it still exists.  WHY!!! WHY !!!
WHY!!!  Why ist still exist?????

Could you pls tell me what have I done wrong? I don't want to be fired
by my boss.

Chris

PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

Post by David Garne » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

If your server has a proxy server check its cache.
Also, copy your pages to a new subdirectory & view them with the new url.
Is it possible that you're putting the files into the wrong location on the
server?
Mine is at c:\inetpub\wwwroot

Good Luck
Dave garner

Quote:> I have developed an asp file under Frontpage 98, and my web server is
> using IIS3.0.
> When I upload this asp page to the server, it works very fine.   And,
> I modify this asp file and upload again.  When I browse it, it still
> comes out the old version - the page before modified.  I really don't
> know why??  I have already done the following :

> 1.  I reflesh and reload the page in the browser, it still came out
> the old page
> 2.  I use one machine that has never called this page before, and
> browse it, still the old page
> 3.  I check the content of this asp page in the www server using
> Notepad, the content is absolutely new.
> 4.  This is the  strangest thing. As I am very hungry, I delete the
> whole web file in the www server, and also in IIS Manager, I delete
> all the virtual directory and home directory pointed to this web page.
> And also restart the server.
> When I called this page again from any browser, Oh God, the same page
> comes up again.  I press reflesh, it still exists.  WHY!!! WHY !!!
> WHY!!!  Why ist still exist?????

> Could you pls tell me what have I done wrong? I don't want to be fired
> by my boss.

> Chris

PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

Post by Peter Louv » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've had problems like this with my web server..
what I did was to turn the web server off and then turn it back on (the web
service in services under the control panel) for some reason II3 was caching
the pages and not re-loading the new ones.
Hope this helps

>I have developed an asp file under Frontpage 98, and my web server is
>using IIS3.0.
>When I upload this asp page to the server, it works very fine.   And,
>I modify this asp file and upload again.  When I browse it, it still
>comes out the old version - the page before modified.  I really don't
>know why??  I have already done the following :

>1.  I reflesh and reload the page in the browser, it still came out
>the old page
>2.  I use one machine that has never called this page before, and
>browse it, still the old page
>3.  I check the content of this asp page in the www server using
>Notepad, the content is absolutely new.
>4.  This is the  strangest thing. As I am very hungry, I delete the
>whole web file in the www server, and also in IIS Manager, I delete
>all the virtual directory and home directory pointed to this web page.
>And also restart the server.
>When I called this page again from any browser, Oh God, the same page
>comes up again.  I press reflesh, it still exists.  WHY!!! WHY !!!
>WHY!!!  Why ist still exist?????

>Could you pls tell me what have I done wrong? I don't want to be fired
>by my boss.

>Chris

PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

Post by Digisp » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Maybe you FTPed it to the wrong directory?  Hell who knows!  I
stay away from Microsloth as much as possible! Id prefer not running
MS as an OS, but not much choice there. Otherwise, all other server
daemons are *NON* MS products, and hence I have no problems.  ;)

Sorry I can help, but FP and IIS is *not* all its was "cracked up
to be.."  As Bill "Ted Turner" Gates would have you believe.

says...

Quote:

>I have developed an asp file under Frontpage 98, and my web server is
>using IIS3.0.
>When I upload this asp page to the server, it works very fine.   And,
>I modify this asp file and upload again.  When I browse it, it still
>comes out the old version - the page before modified.  I really don't
>know why??  I have already done the following :

>1.  I reflesh and reload the page in the browser, it still came out
>the old page
>2.  I use one machine that has never called this page before, and
>browse it, still the old page
>3.  I check the content of this asp page in the www server using
>Notepad, the content is absolutely new.
>4.  This is the  strangest thing. As I am very hungry, I delete the
>whole web file in the www server, and also in IIS Manager, I delete
>all the virtual directory and home directory pointed to this web page.
>And also restart the server.
>When I called this page again from any browser, Oh God, the same page
>comes up again.  I press reflesh, it still exists.  WHY!!! WHY !!!
>WHY!!!  Why ist still exist?????

>Could you pls tell me what have I done wrong? I don't want to be fired
>by my boss.

>Chris

                     Real men code HTML in the raw!

PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

Post by Yousef I. Ada » Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:00:00

My rough guess is that you have these two files somewhere in your drive.

Why don't you use the search (contents) on their differences and see where
it takes you to:

I remember something similar happening to other people in other
environments, where somebody is updating one file and viewing another one.

Yousef

Post by Olga Sagarev » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> says...

> >I have developed an asp file under Frontpage 98, and my web server is
> >using IIS3.0.
> >When I upload this asp page to the server, it works very fine.   And,
> >I modify this asp file and upload again.  When I browse it, it still
> >comes out the old version - the page before modified.  I really don't
> >know why??  I have already done the following :

../////Well. Assuming thata) you are sure that when modifying this page you
aparently did not assign it another URL ;)
b) you whole web is in Frontpage :-( (if not, then I do not know)
so to answer your question I need to know, how do you modify this FP web -
by editing local copy and then uploading via "publish changed pages", or
rather by opening real web on the server to your Frontpage.
I mean, FP is known to have uploading problem and sometimes it may be
sopecifil URL that screws up.
But if you use latter, i. e. you open your live server  in your Frontpage,
enter that page file and change it, and press save - from this moment it
should refresh in any browser in its new shape.  Even if you usually work as
editing local web and re-publishing, this method may be used eventually for
solving this file problem.
If it does not help and you are sure that it is not your local proxy server
to blame (say, it has temp connection problems and shows everything cached
to everyone), the only last way is to open this file 'live' in the server
via FP, create  its copy with FP, note the URL of a copy file? make sure new
file is really new as you want it to be,  and see via browser (by simply
typing) if it will show right. You must agree that if you send browser to
new URL browser will HAVE to load it. Here, you will see who is it to blame.
If it helps, forget everything and change all the links to its new URL, and
delete that unhappy-changed copy when safe.
Quote:

> >1.  I reflesh and reload the page in the browser, it still came out
> >the old page
> >2.  I use one machine that has never called this page before, and
> >browse it, still the old page
> >3.  I check the content of this asp page in the www server using
> >Notepad, the content is absolutely new.
> >4.  This is the  strangest thing. As I am very hungry, I delete the
> >whole web file in the www server, and also in IIS Manager, I delete
> >all the virtual directory and home directory pointed to this web page.
> >And also restart the server.
> >When I called this page again from any browser, Oh God, the same page
> >comes up again.  I press reflesh, it still exists.  WHY!!! WHY !!!
> >WHY!!!  Why ist still exist?????

> >Could you pls tell me what have I done wrong? I don't want to be fired
> >by my boss.

> >Chris

> --
>                      Real men code HTML in the raw!

1. Pls pls pls help

Your BIOS may have it's virus checker enabled. Access the BIOS and look for a Virus Detection entry like "Chip Away" or simply "Virus Detection" if it is enabled, disable it, save the settings and reboot. Then try the install again.

The above aside the majority of problems that I've encountered when installing XP have to do with flaky RAM. Many people purchased additional RAM when it was very cheap and while it worked well with Windows 98, XP is a lot more resource demanding. If you have more than 1 stick of RAM in your system try removing a stick and installing XP again. If you encounter errors then swap the RAM for another stick.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

2. Qustion on compress files?

3. I don't understand this, pls help

4. Finding a logged in user with NBTSTAT

5. I don't understand, pls help

6. Multimedia stages

7. BIG PROBLEM, PLS HELP; Otherwise I must get fired!!!!!

8. PCL conversation tool?

9. Pls Help! Pls Help! ASP Page cannot reflesh Pls Help!

10. i am keeping receiving the same message twice, pls help!

11. Am I being spied on? Pls help

12. HELP - I AM BEING HACKED - u.pl - directory traversal?