Policy Editor in Win95

Post by Eric Leu » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I like to set system protection on Win95 & I've been told that
poledit.exe can do the job. However, I cannot find this program in the
Win95 CD cabinet file.

Anyone knows how to get it ?

Policy Editor in Win95

Post by Neil Walke » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I like to set system protection on Win95 & I've been told that
> poledit.exe can do the job. However, I cannot find this program in the
> Win95 CD cabinet file.

> Anyone knows how to get it ?

Its not installed with 95, but should be on the install CD under Admin
Tools.  Do not install it on a PC that you want to secure as the user
may get his hands on it and undo all your good work.

1. Policy editor for NT4.0 (like Win95's system policies editor)?

I need to restrict access to the desktop, control panel, etc. etc. on an NT
4.0 system.  I know how to do the User Manager stuff, and the folder stuff,
but how to prevent them from, say using Wordpad, changing icons, etc?  This
is an industrial application machine and they are not to do ANYTHING but
run the app it's designed for.

2. Fast User Switching makes system run slow ??!??

3. Policy editor-group policies

4. Power Toys for Windows CE 2.11

5. Trying to implement a policy with policy editor

6. Microtest

7. Getting System Policy Editor to work with Win95 clients

8. I can read DVD with my DVD/CD-Rom, but not any CD-ROM

9. Win95 policy editor

10. Win95 Policy editor

11. Win95 System Policy Editor

12. help: policies editor for win95?