Netscape 4.08 (stand alone) and the bat?

Netscape 4.08 (stand alone) and the bat?

Post by Satm » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi, i'm trying to get "the bat" e-mail program to work with the
"mailto" command using the stand alone version of netscape 4.08.
I'm not sure really where to start here, so if someone knows, and
could help me out, i would appreciate it. I would just like an
outgoing mail message to pop up with the correct address in it when i
click on a mail link with netscape..
                                Thx Alot,

Post by plodd » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

> Hi, i'm trying to get "the bat" e-mail program to work with the
> "mailto" command using the stand alone version of netscape 4.08.
> I'm not sure really where to start here, so if someone knows, and
> could help me out, i would appreciate it. I would just like an
> outgoing mail message to pop up with the correct address in it when i
> click on a mail link with netscape..
>                            Thx Alot,

The following ways work with Pegasus and I think they also should work
with other mail clients:

Way 1

use NSProto for Pegasus Netscape link
http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/winpmail/#NsProto

Pegasus newsgroup will also give lots of helpful advice
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows

Way 2

There is also a Netscape article called "Using standalone Netscape
Navigator 4.x and 3rd party mail clients"
http://help.netscape.com/kb/client/980630-3.html
However, there are a couple of tweaks needed to the basic article to
make it work best with Pegasus.  There have been old Pegasus NG
postings about this. If you ask there, I'm sure you will get help.

John

1. Stand Alone Browser Netscape 4.08

Is there e-mail program with the "Stand Alone Browser Netscape 4.08"?

Because how come when I click "Edit", "Preferences", "Identity",
there is place to put your name and e-mail address there?

What is it for???

Comments?

Bun Mui

2. Playing to a soundcard?

3. win3./Netscape 2.0 to Win95/Netscape 4.08

4. narrow windows

5. Netscape Stand Alone

6. MajorDomo for Windows?

7. NETSCAPE, MOSAIC as stand-alone browsers for offline reading?

8. NO ACCESS TO MACHINE!

9. Netscape Navigator 4.04 stand-alone

10. Mission Control(AutoAdmin) & Netscape 4.04 Stand Alone???

11. Netscape as a Stand Alone Browser.

12. ** HELP ** Stand-alone NetScape?

13. Netscape 1.2b1 or b2 as stand-alone?