Windows explorer

Post by Walt » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:29:55

I inadvertantly deleted win explorer. How can I get is
back? It's not in the recycle bin. It's not in
'start/programs'.
Thanks
Walt

Windows explorer

Post by Alan Edward » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:00:50

Please give details of how you think you deleted "win explorer".
If Windows is functional, then it is extremely doubtful that you have
deleted Explore.exe from the Windows folder.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

Quote:>I inadvertantly deleted win explorer. How can I get is
>back? It's not in the recycle bin. It's not in
>'start/programs'.
>Thanks
>Walt

Windows explorer

Post by Noel Pato » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:04:51

Walt
If you'd deleted it - you wouldn't be posting!
your PC wouldn't work.
Windows Explorer is the file Explorer.exe
I suspect that you have deleted Windows.exe? - that file is a VIRUS. If you
are seeing error messages relating to it at startup, then do this.
Start|Run
type

MSCONFIG

in the dialog box, and click OK
Click on the Startup tab, and click 'Cleanup'
Click Apply, and OK
Reboot on request.
With luck, that'll fix it!
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Quote:> I inadvertantly deleted win explorer. How can I get is
> back? It's not in the recycle bin. It's not in
> 'start/programs'.
> Thanks
> Walt

Windows explorer

Post by Noel Pato » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:06:22

Windows.exe?
Asked and answered elsewhere.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> Please give details of how you think you deleted "win explorer".
> If Windows is functional, then it is extremely doubtful that you have
> deleted Explore.exe from the Windows folder.

> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html

> >I inadvertantly deleted win explorer. How can I get is
> >back? It's not in the recycle bin. It's not in
> >'start/programs'.
> >Thanks
> >Walt

Windows explorer

Post by Alan Edward » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:00:15

Thanks Noel.
Too late on a Saturday night for me. I couldn't even spell
Explorer.exe

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Noel Paton"

>Windows.exe?
>Asked and answered elsewhere.

>--
>Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

>Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's

>> Please give details of how you think you deleted "win explorer".
>> If Windows is functional, then it is extremely doubtful that you have
>> deleted Explore.exe from the Windows folder.

>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html

>> >I inadvertantly deleted win explorer. How can I get is
>> >back? It's not in the recycle bin. It's not in
>> >'start/programs'.
>> >Thanks
>> >Walt

Windows explorer

Post by Noel Pato » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:11:13

Too early for me! - the elsewhere was here!
Not enough caffeine - again (I really should make the coffee before I sit
down at this thing)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> Thanks Noel.
> Too late on a Saturday night for me. I couldn't even spell
> Explorer.exe

> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html

> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Noel Paton"

> >Windows.exe?
> >Asked and answered elsewhere.

> >--
> >Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

> >Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> >Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's

> >> Please give details of how you think you deleted "win explorer".
> >> If Windows is functional, then it is extremely doubtful that you have
> >> deleted Explore.exe from the Windows folder.

> >> ...Alan
> >> --
> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> >> http://dts-l.org/index.html

1. Explorer bar of Windows Explorer unavailable after installing IE6 on Windows 98

After upgrading Internet Explorer from version 5.0 (in
Portuguese) to version 6.0 (also in Portuguese), the
Explorer bar of the Windows Explorer remains gray when one
select the 'Folders' option in the View menu. However,
with all other options (such as 'Search' or 'Media'), the
Explorer bar work properly.
Does anybody know how to fix it? I really need to have my
folders back to the left side of the Windows Explorer
screen!
Thank you.

2. Reg Clean

3. Windows explorer and Windows Internet explorer automatically shuts down

4. No sound

5. Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer 'adopt' each other's window size

6. Windows 98 News Update - August 6

7. full screen video

8. Cannot open Internet Explorer/Windows Explorer/My Comp

9. Internet Explorer\Windows Explorer Integration

10. Windows Explorer runs instead of Internet Explorer