Rich edit control problem (Focus not changing with tab)

Post by Mema » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 19:14:58

Rich edit control problem (Focus not changing with tab)
Hi there,
We have got a MDI application in MFC. In one of its views (Form View),
i have placed a custom control(ocx) and this ocx is written in vb. OCX
contains nothing but a multi line edit box.Now the problem is, focus
is not getting out of this control on tab key.Heard this is a known
issue. But we couldn't locate this in knowledge base. Any quick help?

we are using a rich Edit box in our OCX. and we have mapped keydown
and
keypress events for the text box. It is working fine if we place this
in a vb module.But if we are placing in VC projects, then the problem
exists
Also if we use normal text box instead of rich edit, it is working
fine in
both vc and vb.Rich edit box is not standard windows common control.
May be because of that.this problem exists for most of teh third party
controls developed in vb( i thknk)

TIA,SR

1. Rich Edit Control & TAB Question

hi,

        Having created a rich edit field (single line) with the WS_TABSTOP
        option, the app neither tabs _into_ the edit field nor tab _out_ of
        it.

        (Tab works for other fields created with the WS_TABSTOP option).

        Any advice/suggestions as to why it does not work ??
        Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj.

Regards,
Raj.

------

Please remove "DONTSPAM." in the address when replying.

2. Missing Windows System file

3. Spaces to Tabs in Rich Edit Control?

4. Windows Networking and NAT

5. Changing Text Color in Rich Edit Control

6. Error code:C00D119A, C00D1199

7. Using the Tab key to change focus to controls

8. Client Server or Network File Sharing?

9. Rich edit control problem: bitmap font shows twice as wide as it should

10. Problems with Syntax Coloring in Rich Edit Control!

11. mouse input problem in dialog (Rich edit control)

12. Rich edit control problems

13. Edit control got focus but not text-selected when opening dialog?