backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by ron figuero » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:47:50

I currently use ME operating system and want to install
XP. I've made backups of all my personal files and folders
that were on the hard-drive. I would like to do the same
with my files/folders stored in outlook express, but don't
know how I can copy or move them to a floppy or cd. Can
someone explain where they are located and how to back
them up.
Thanks.

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by heirloo » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:03:09

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tools/#oebackup
Tomsterdam is a great OE site for any reason.....the above page of the site
has an OE backup tool that should fit your needs.
                    Heirloom, old and are you related to Figgy?

Quote:> I currently use ME operating system and want to install
> XP. I've made backups of all my personal files and folders
> that were on the hard-drive. I would like to do the same
> with my files/folders stored in outlook express, but don't
> know how I can copy or move them to a floppy or cd. Can
> someone explain where they are located and how to back
> them up.
> Thanks.

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Heathe » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:26:43

Totally blown away......and I have written to him privately.  Sure is
weird to see his name on here.  If I didn't know 'my Ron' couldn't turn
a computer on, I would be wondering.

Oh......and Ron #2......the backup proggie by Majik is excellent.  I
have downloaded it and must try it myself, but I have known him (and
Steve and Tom) for years.

Cheers.....Heather Fig.

> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tools/#oebackup
> Tomsterdam is a great OE site for any reason.....the above page of the
site
> has an OE backup tool that should fit your needs.
>                     Heirloom, old and are you related to Figgy?

> > I currently use ME operating system and want to install
> > XP. I've made backups of all my personal files and folders
> > that were on the hard-drive. I would like to do the same
> > with my files/folders stored in outlook express, but don't
> > know how I can copy or move them to a floppy or cd. Can
> > someone explain where they are located and how to back
> > them up.
> > Thanks.

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Shan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:37:21

I wondered why you hadn't shown him how to use a newsreader, Figgs!

Shane

> Totally blown away......and I have written to him privately.  Sure is
> weird to see his name on here.  If I didn't know 'my Ron' couldn't turn
> a computer on, I would be wondering.

> Oh......and Ron #2......the backup proggie by Majik is excellent.  I
> have downloaded it and must try it myself, but I have known him (and
> Steve and Tom) for years.

> Cheers.....Heather Fig.

> > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tools/#oebackup
> > Tomsterdam is a great OE site for any reason.....the above page of the
> site
> > has an OE backup tool that should fit your needs.
> >                     Heirloom, old and are you related to Figgy?

> > > I currently use ME operating system and want to install
> > > XP. I've made backups of all my personal files and folders
> > > that were on the hard-drive. I would like to do the same
> > > with my files/folders stored in outlook express, but don't
> > > know how I can copy or move them to a floppy or cd. Can
> > > someone explain where they are located and how to back
> > > them up.
> > > Thanks.

---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by heirloo » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:25:59

Hi Shane!
                        Heirloom, old and that's it

> I wondered why you hadn't shown him how to use a newsreader, Figgs!

> Shane

> > Totally blown away......and I have written to him privately.  Sure is
> > weird to see his name on here.  If I didn't know 'my Ron' couldn't turn
> > a computer on, I would be wondering.

> > Oh......and Ron #2......the backup proggie by Majik is excellent.  I
> > have downloaded it and must try it myself, but I have known him (and
> > Steve and Tom) for years.

> > Cheers.....Heather Fig.

> > > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tools/#oebackup
> > > Tomsterdam is a great OE site for any reason.....the above page of the
> > site
> > > has an OE backup tool that should fit your needs.
> > >                     Heirloom, old and are you related to Figgy?

> ---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Shan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:40:46

LOL!

(Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

Shane

> Hi Shane!
>                         Heirloom, old and that's it

> > I wondered why you hadn't shown him how to use a newsreader, Figgs!

> > Shane

> > > Totally blown away......and I have written to him privately.  Sure is
> > > weird to see his name on here.  If I didn't know 'my Ron' couldn't
turn
> > > a computer on, I would be wondering.

> > > Oh......and Ron #2......the backup proggie by Majik is excellent.  I
> > > have downloaded it and must try it myself, but I have known him (and
> > > Steve and Tom) for years.

> > > Cheers.....Heather Fig.

> > > site

> > ---

---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Heathe » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:49:11

Coz I don't want him to see the bizarre exchanges we often
have.......ROFL!!!  Just kidding because I am not any different at home
than on the computer........the man deserves a medal after 42 years of
marriage as of yesterday, I think......no the 17th.

Ah well........the memory does go after 'mumble' years.

Will write you guys in the next 24 hours.......all is well and stuff
booked for end of July.  Whew!!  Been a l-o-n-g 4 months!!!!

Figgs

Post by heirloo » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:12:14

I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
                    Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be "pizzled"?

> LOL!

> (Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

> Shane

> > Hi Shane!
> >                         Heirloom, old and that's it

> > > I wondered why you hadn't shown him how to use a newsreader, Figgs!

> > > Shane

> turn

> the

> > > ---

> ---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Heathe » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:44:54

With Shane, it is usually better not to ask........grin.  He has a
language and a bizarre sense of humour all his own.......

Figgs.......old and on to him.

> I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
> I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
>                     Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be
"pizzled"?

> > LOL!

> > (Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

> > Shane

> > > Hi Shane!
> > >                         Heirloom, old and that's it

Figgs!

Sure
> is
> > turn

> > the
Figgy?

18/06/2003

> > ---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Noel Pato » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:08:40

Pizzle -
http://www.yahooligans.com/reference/dictionary/entries/11/p0341100.html

AKA your friend and mine, Tech Ed! (mind you - I didn't think he was that
useful!)
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
> I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
>                     Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be "pizzled"?

> > LOL!

> > (Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

> > Shane

> > > Hi Shane!
> > >                         Heirloom, old and that's it

> is
> > turn

> > the

> > ---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Shan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:38:07

You too, Figgs!

Shane

> With Shane, it is usually better not to ask........grin.  He has a
> language and a bizarre sense of humour all his own.......

> Figgs.......old and on to him.

> > I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
> > I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
> >                     Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be
> "pizzled"?

> > > LOL!

> > > (Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

> > > Shane

> Figgs!

> Sure
> > is
> couldn't
> > > turn

> excellent.  I
> him (and

> page of
> > > the
> Figgy?

> 18/06/2003

> > > ---

---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Shan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:38:59

Cheers, Noel. I guess it takes a Scot born in Slough living in Wales to
translate!

Shane

> Pizzle -
> http://www.yahooligans.com/reference/dictionary/entries/11/p0341100.html

> AKA your friend and mine, Tech Ed! (mind you - I didn't think he was that
> useful!)
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> > I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
> > I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
> >                     Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be
"pizzled"?

> > > LOL!

> > > (Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

> > > Shane

Figgs!

Sure
> > is
> > > turn

> (and

> of
> > > the
Figgy?

> > > ---

---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Shan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:37:01

Heirloom, see Noel's response.

And, btw, I reckon I know who Vo Tech is. Suddenly hit me. Kevin Bacon
played him in JFK.

As for his being 'too busy working', I say to him, "girlfriend you got to
give that * o' yours a rest once in a while!"

Shane

> I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
> I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
>                     Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be "pizzled"?

> > LOL!

> > (Btw, I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle, H).

> > Shane

> > > Hi Shane!
> > >                         Heirloom, old and that's it

> is
> > turn

> > the

> > ---

---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Noel Pato » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:12:23

Awww - you remembered! -<sheepish grin>

- not THAT sheepish (I saw you siggering!)!
<g>
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

> Cheers, Noel. I guess it takes a Scot born in Slough living in Wales to
> translate!

> Shane

> > Pizzle -
> > http://www.yahooligans.com/reference/dictionary/entries/11/p0341100.html

> > AKA your friend and mine, Tech Ed! (mind you - I didn't think he was
that
> > useful!)
> > --
> > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2003, Win9x)

> > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> > Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
NG's

> > > I see you've been grappling with the bull's pizzle>>>>>>>>>>?????
> > > I'm not real sure what you mean by that one.....enlighten me.
> > >                     Heirloom, old and puzzled, or would that be
> "pizzled"?

> Figgs!

> Sure
> > > is
> couldn't

> excellent.
> > (and

> page
> > of
> Figgy?

18/06/2003

> ---

backup of outlook express files/folders

Post by Shan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:32:03

Quote:> Awww - you remembered! -<sheepish grin>

Noel, I remember everywhatchamacallit!

Quote:

> - not THAT sheepish (I saw you siggering!)!
> <g>

Just don't go bleating about the spellchecker, OK?

Shane

---