Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

Post by JF Dullaar » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi

Can anyone please shed some light?

I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.

All of this happens under WIN 95

Any info or pointers will be appreciated.

Franz

--
_________________________________
Franz Dullaart  (021) 650 3053

http://www-jfd.its.uct.ac.za/
_________________________________
Snoepie oor sy inkleurboek:
  "Ek maak altyd die lug blou"

Post by Eugenio Sanchez Alarco » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Hi

> Can anyone please shed some light?

> I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
> the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
> 3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
> error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.

> All of this happens under WIN 95

> Any info or pointers will be appreciated.

> Franz

> --
> _________________________________
> Franz Dullaart  (021) 650 3053

> http://www-jfd.its.uct.ac.za/
> _________________________________
> Snoepie oor sy inkleurboek:
>   "Ek maak altyd die lug blou"If you are using VB 4.0 for 32 bit applications, the name of the

libraries changed, also, in the 16 bit DLL's, usually numeric parameters
are passed as integer whereas in 32 bit DLL's they are passed as long.
Check on these two items for the source of the problem. (Hope it helps.)
--

Electrical Eng.
PHONE : (USA)210-618-7874, (DELCO)8-953-7874, (MEXICO)(91)-89-22-90-40

Post by Danny Bran » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

|> Hi
|>
|> Can anyone please shed some light?
|>
|> I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
|> the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
|> 3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
|> error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.
|>
|> All of this happens under WIN 95
|>
|> Any info or pointers will be appreciated.
|>
|> Franz
|>
|> --
|> _________________________________

Yeah, check out the Win32 API documentation that comes with VB4.
The function needs to be called as GetPrivateProfileStringA() now.
Furthermore, if you score the cgi32.bas file and replace it for
your cgi.bas file, your problems are solved as well (probably).

Regards,

Danny Brands

Greetz from da low landz

Post by Henry S. Takeuc » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>|> I have some CGI scripts written in Visual Basic 3.0.  They make use of
>|> the "GetPrivateProfileString" function. The scripts work perfectly in VB
>|> 3.0 but when I re-compile into new executables under 4.0, they fail with
>|> error 48 - Error in loadinmg DLL.
>|>
>|> All of this happens under WIN 95

You're probably still trying to use the 16-bit DLLs.
You need to change the Lib's to the 32-bit DLLs

GetPrivateProfileStringA (which is the new name) is in "kernel32".
The API name is case-sensitive.

--
VB4-32 assumed.
Henry S. Takeuchi

Seattle, Washington (USA)

1. MenuBar in VB 3.0 | Error, please help me...

Hello, sorry for my bad english, I am french...

I just begin to create an application in eM VB 3.0 and there is already a
bugg!!
I have a form named 'Main' on witch I put a MenuBar named 'mb_Main', a
PictureBox named 'pb_Main' and an ImageList named 'il_Icons'.

This is the code I've typed:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim b As MenuBarButton

    il_Icons.Add ("\Program Files\PG Paint\bt_New.bmp")
    il_Icons.Add ("\Program Files\PG Paint\bt_Select.bmp")

    Set mb_Main.ImageList = il_Icons.hImageList  'Bug is here (*)

    Set b = mb_Main.Controls.AddButton()
    b.Style = mbrDefault
    b.Image = 0
    b.ToolTip = "New picture"
    b.Width = 16

    Set b = mb_Main.Controls.AddButton()
    b.Style = mbrDefault
    b.Image = 1
    b.ToolTip = "Select area"
    b.Width = 16

    pb_Main.Width = Main.Width
    pb_Main.Height = Main.Height
End Sub

Private Sub Form_OKClick()
    App.End
End Sub
* When I run this on my Pocket PC (not emulator), it tells me:

"Application error
An error was encountered while running this program: Object required:
'mb_Main.ImageList'"

Can you help me please...
Thank you
_____________________________

2. msie3.0a fix CORRUPTED

3. HELP VB 5.0 How to block on a VB APLI.

4. 128 Bit encryption missing

5. Pro help for VB DirectShow

6. IE will not link

7. Simultaneous playback and recording using VB 6.0/VB.net

8. Windows Media Format SDK on CE?

9. Using ACM API from VB or VB.NET

10. Outlook Express Programming --- how to Access Windows Address Book using VB.net or VB

11. How to launch a .vb App from another .vb App?

12. Starting a new vb from within an existing vb

13. VB .Net required to program VB for Pocket PC 2002