Serious problem w non-stop unwanted music

Serious problem w non-stop unwanted music

Post by Christian Blanchar » Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:00:00

THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM !!!

Problem, because I'm currently making audio recording (using mike) for
business.
Posted a few days ago, I received no answer at all from News Group, so I
re-post it here now.

I'am using Win98.
Sometimes, a 'foolish music' starts to play (To hear a sample of it, please
ask by means of e-mail).
That sound comes always from the internal HP only. ('muting' the HP from the
Sound Blaster mixer doesn't help).

It plays again and again continously for 90 s then stops for 115 seconds and
repeats the sequence again and again.

When it happens, I shutdown Win98 and ... it's still playing the same way.
Then if I start Win98 (pushing the Hard Reset red button)... reaching the
desktop view (no Application program running) it starts again to play :--((
So I launch nothing at all and shutdown again..... that times, that stupid
music stops....
.... but if I keep the mains on my computer... next boot... 'foolish music'
again.
The only way I found to get rid of it is to make a shutdown and disconnect
the mains power (Power Off).

Then everything seems OK .... TILL.....
.... till on another session (Win98 using), the all things restart.
(Rem.: that other session could be the one after several 'Power Off, On,
...'. Even sometimes after a week using the computer).

Does anybody recognize that music?
What are the steps to fix that problem?
Where have I to look for?

Help is welcome ....  Thanks beforehands!

Serious problem w non-stop unwanted music

Post by Tech Suppor » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I'm not sure if I fully understand the problem, but it sounds to me like you
have something listed in the startup folder or the system registry which is
starting music at bootup or when you activate a particular program.  Without a
cancel button, however, it's never getting shut down.

This is much like the old DOS games (and windows too) which would play some
jamming music as you'd shoot down the enemy -- but then your machine would lock
up -- and the sound card, never having received an instruction from the locked
program to stop or change, would just keep playing the same sound over and over
until you rebooted.

If this is what you're getting, then you'll have to isolate the program by
removing everything from your system tray and startup folders (except, say,
video drivers).

> THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM !!!

> Problem, because I'm currently making audio recording (using mike) for
> business.
> Posted a few days ago, I received no answer at all from News Group, so I
> re-post it here now.

> I'am using Win98.
> Sometimes, a 'foolish music' starts to play (To hear a sample of it, please
> ask by means of e-mail).
> That sound comes always from the internal HP only. ('muting' the HP from the
> Sound Blaster mixer doesn't help).

> It plays again and again continously for 90 s then stops for 115 seconds and
> repeats the sequence again and again.

> When it happens, I shutdown Win98 and ... it's still playing the same way.
> Then if I start Win98 (pushing the Hard Reset red button)... reaching the
> desktop view (no Application program running) it starts again to play :--((
> So I launch nothing at all and shutdown again..... that times, that stupid
> music stops....
> .... but if I keep the mains on my computer... next boot... 'foolish music'
> again.
> The only way I found to get rid of it is to make a shutdown and disconnect
> the mains power (Power Off).

> Then everything seems OK .... TILL.....
> .... till on another session (Win98 using), the all things restart.
> (Rem.: that other session could be the one after several 'Power Off, On,
> ...'. Even sometimes after a week using the computer).

> Does anybody recognize that music?
> What are the steps to fix that problem?
> Where have I to look for?

> Help is welcome ....  Thanks beforehands!

1. Serious problem w non-stop unwanted music.

[...]

2. front 1394 port versus rear ports

3. serious non-stop errors with ZoneAlarm Pro and XP Pro?

4. Installing devices?? - thin client

5. non-stop music with wmp

6. Y2K and SP4 on NT4 question

7. Delay between track while playing non-stop album

8. usb printer

9. Memory leakage playing MPEG file non-stop

10. Non-stop pop up of message box ...

11. Error: MS IE 6 looping non-stop error reporting urlmon.dll

12. Non-stop pop-up ads

13. Non-Stop Reminder to Install same Compatibility Update