ReBooting ME

Post by John » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:02:27

My daughter has a pc which was preloaded with ME when she bought it second
hand.  After a while she decided to unload ME and load her previous Win 98.
She formatted the hard disk and now it won't boot up.  I can boot it with my
own EBD until it gets to requesting Master disks, it won't go any further-
says this computer has no information - what do we do next ? It won't run
the CD's -  Any advice will be really appreciated.
TIA
John

ReBooting ME

Post by Gene E. Bloc » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:57:44

I think you need to boot with a floppy that has CD-ROM support. Browse at
www.bootdisk.com
with your good machine and look for a Win 98 emergency boot disk with CD_ROM
support. It would be OK to use a Win Me EBD if that's the only way to get CD-ROM
support.

That should enable you to then install Win 98 from the CDs.

Formatting removes all the information from a disk, including the software that
will boot the drive. Installing the OS (any OS) will create new boot info along
with the rest of the system.

HTH,
Gino

--

phone 650.966.8481

ReBooting ME

Post by Bally All » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 04:15:09

Have you tried fdisk? have you checked in bios to see if drives are recognised?
My daughter has a pc which was preloaded with ME when she bought it second
hand.  After a while she decided to unload ME and load her previous Win 98.
She formatted the hard disk and now it won't boot up.  I can boot it with my
own EBD until it gets to requesting Master disks, it won't go any further-
says this computer has no information - what do we do next ? It won't run
the CD's -  Any advice will be really appreciated.
TIA
John

1. reboot.reboot.reboot.reboot.reboot.rebooooooooooo

what does this mean and what can i do about it?
(fresh reformat/reload/new machine only ms stuff loaded)

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012302-01.dmp.

2. Trouble with page numbering

3. reboot - reboot - reboot isass.exe & passwords

4. The answers to many XP problems

5. it reboots and reboots and reboots

6. Boot question

7. windows xp reboots, reboots, reboots

8. blocking windows xp upgrade

9. ReBoot and ReBoot and ReBoot, etc

10. REBOOT/REBOOT no SHUTDOWN!!

11. PC keeps rebooting and rebooting - Home XP

12. XPPro: No reboot after reboot or restart

13. XP - PRO - Reboots & Reboots