MWave IBM MMM+ Uninstall - How?

Post by swans.. » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

        I have replaced an IBM Multi Media Modem Plus MWave card with a more
conventional 56K Modem (Zoom 2919 -- not a Win-Modem) and have
"re-installed" a Media Vision Pro Audio Studio 16 sound card.  Modem
is working fine.  But I'm having some sound problems and have at least
one trace of the MWave apparently still around.  Thus there may be
more to its removal than I understand.  There is no UNINSTALL.
        Specific problems include: ON BOOT: Warning message that it cannot
find DSP and then an attempt to install the MWave application CALL
MANAGER in Windows which fails.  Any ideas as to what could be left
around and how to get rid of it?
        Other problems, possibly related, include no system sounds.  It can
play CD's fine and use of PLAY.EXE on, say, TESTIRQ.WAV is OK.  But
otherwise, no sound.
Ideas?

1. IBM MWave Audio Problems with NetMeeting - I know you're out there!!!

Hi All,

I support NetMeeting on a large number of PC's at the company I work for.
The only PC's that CONSISTANTLY give me nightmares are IBM PC's (Both
desktop and laptop).  Please email me directly if you too have had problems
with any IBM model ***using audio and video features in NetMeeting.***  My
company has a priority support account with IBM but I can't get them
excited about this problem because not enough people are complaining.  I
need your emails to compile and send to IBM to show them MWave is a
problem.  Rest assured if/when I get any info from IBM I will post it for
others to benefit from!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

2. burning cd's from wmp

3. IBM Adds Mwave OS/2 Support and Expands Functionality

4. Questions about upgrading

5. IBM Aptiva L-20 Mwave modem doesn't work with netmeeting

6. SDL and wxWindows?

7. Use of Cooltalk with Nav.Gold and IBM Mwave

8. sorting newsgroups in Netscape 3.0?

9. driver update for ibm mwave modem

10. IBM ThinkPad 755Ce, Win 95, MWave Multi-media

11. ?Audiovation (IBM MWAVE) adapter support in NT 3.51/4.0

12. uninstalled ibm global dialer, one isp no longer workds

13. uninstall IBM Via Voice`