MFC or Win32 API for a non-GUI program?

Post by Jeff Barnet » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm in the design phase of a system that will have a program that does
not need a UI. It will use speech recognition & text-to-speech as the
means to interface with the user.  The question I'd like to pose is -
should we use MFC or just straight Win32 API - Pros / Cons?

TIA
Jeff

MFC or Win32 API for a non-GUI program?

Post by Felix Kasza [MV » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Jeff,

for console programs, MFC doesn't do all that much. I'd stick with the
Standard Library or even the old C RTL, plus the Win32 API. What might
come in handy are the Win32 Foundation Classes by Samuel Blackburn;
look for them at

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Sam_Blackburn/wfc.htm

Cheers,
Felix.

----------
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

1. Calling mfc library from non-mfc program

I want to make a library using MFC but called from a non-MFC app ...

I need to do something like this  :

myClass.h
--------------

class CMyDlg : public CDialog
{

test.exe   linked with  myClass.lib
--------------

#include "myClass.h"

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                     LPSTR     lpCmdLine,int       nCmdShow)
{
        CMyDlg *  dlg = new CMyDlg();

         return 0;

Can someone help me (with a small exemple ...)

Thanks

2. IE 6.0 Fullscreen

3. porting non-MFC program to MFC

4. DirectX

5. Any non-winhelp win32 api references?

6. wxStyledTextCtrl: TAB for Menu and Scintilla

7. Windows MFC/Win32 GUI builders

8. XP won't start anymore

9. Win32 API in ISAPI DLL using MFC

10. XP non-GUI Startup?

11. Non-specific GUI programming interface reccomendations?

12. non-gui passive mode FTP client?

13. non-GUI app question