What about 3.52?

Post by Scher » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hello World!
Just read about this NT 4.0 thingy...
What a surprise to me! Wasn't MS talking about a minor update towards
Version 3.52 a few months ago? As much as I know 3.52 was planned to
include the Win95 Look (& Feel??) and I saw the CDs which were sent to
all the MSDN II subscribers at the end of last year.
Ok, ok, When MS claims to make a huge step from Win 3.11 toward Win95,
aka Version 1.0, then they must include a major increment in NT's
version number as well. I suppose calling it 3.52 caused some conflicts
between programmers and marketing officials at MS.

What do you think?

------------------
Marco Scherer
University of Duisburg
Germany

------------------------------

What about 3.52?

Post by Ed J » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Hello World!
>Just read about this NT 4.0 thingy...
>What a surprise to me! Wasn't MS talking about a minor update towards
>Version 3.52 a few months ago? As much as I know 3.52 was planned to
>include the Win95 Look (& Feel??) and I saw the CDs which were sent to
>all the MSDN II subscribers at the end of last year.
>Ok, ok, When MS claims to make a huge step from Win 3.11 toward Win95,
>aka Version 1.0, then they must include a major increment in NT's
>version number as well. I suppose calling it 3.52 caused some conflicts
>between programmers and marketing officials at MS.

>What do you think?

A rose by any other name is till a rose.  :-)

What about 3.52?

Post by Erik Johnso » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> The preview new shell also bumps NT's apparent version to 4.0.  I've
> read somewhere that the reason for that is because some Win95 apps
> check for version => 4.0.  So I think the reason the new version is
> called 4.0 may be technical, and not marketing.

I suspect that this is the reason.  I have run across some Win95 apps that
should have no problem running under NT, but because the check version
number tell me that I need a newer version of windows.  Ha.

What about 3.52?

Post by Al Rudderh » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>>Hello World!
>>Just read about this NT 4.0 thingy...
>>What a surprise to me! Wasn't MS talking about a minor update towards
>>Version 3.52 a few months ago? As much as I know 3.52 was planned to
>>include the Win95 Look (& Feel??) and I saw the CDs which were sent to
>>all the MSDN II subscribers at the end of last year.
>>Ok, ok, When MS claims to make a huge step from Win 3.11 toward Win95,
>>aka Version 1.0, then they must include a major increment in NT's
>>version number as well. I suppose calling it 3.52 caused some conflicts
>>between programmers and marketing officials at MS.

>>What do you think?

>A rose by any other name is till a rose.  :-)

The preview new shell also bumps NT's apparent version to 4.0.  I've
read somewhere that the reason for that is because some Win95 apps
check for version => 4.0.  So I think the reason the new version is

What about 3.52?

Post by Dave Plumm » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello World!
>Just read about this NT 4.0 thingy...
>What a surprise to me! Wasn't MS talking about a minor update towards
>Version 3.52 a few months ago? As much as I know 3.52 was planned to
>include the Win95 Look (& Feel??) and I saw the CDs which were sent to
>all the MSDN II subscribers at the end of last year.
>Ok, ok, When MS claims to make a huge step from Win 3.11 toward Win95,
>aka Version 1.0, then they must include a major increment in NT's
>version number as well. I suppose calling it 3.52 caused some conflicts
>between programmers and marketing officials at MS.

>What do you think?

I think apps assume that if the version number isn't 4.0 (Win95), they
aren't running under the newshell, and don't behave correctly.  Or, it
could be a sinister plot.  But I tend to think the former :-)

- Dave

1. Problems updating Authorware to 3.52

I just tried to update Authorware 3.51 to 3.52 and the splash screen
as well as the help screen still say 3.51?  Is this a Macromedia
problem or did my update not take?

2. HTML Viewer Problem

3. Windows NT 3.52 ????

4. TouchScreen Kiosks

5. RemotlyAnywhere 3.52 serial

6. Please Help with dial-up Net access in Windows For Workgroups