problem w/win explorer saving settings

Post by NCyanke » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 08:53:26

I save the setting in folder options to show 'Detail' in windows
explorer. I right click on start menu and open. It shows folders in
detail. I change them to 'Large Icons' and close. I restart computer
and the settings aren't saved when I go back and right click on start
menu and open. They're all back to 'Detail'. I have checked the box in
Folder Options to save settings. I never had a problem with earlier
versions of windows not saving. I don't use web content. Is their
something I can do to fix this ? TIA

problem w/win explorer saving settings

Post by RoseSon » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 09:54:52

You need to go to the next step in Tools to set the folders.

--
~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~~~*
End Message

> I save the setting in folder options to show 'Detail' in windows
> explorer. I right click on start menu and open. It shows folders in
> detail. I change them to 'Large Icons' and close. I restart computer
> and the settings aren't saved when I go back and right click on start
> menu and open. They're all back to 'Detail'. I have checked the box in
> Folder Options to save settings. I never had a problem with earlier
> versions of windows not saving. I don't use web content. Is their
> something I can do to fix this ? TIA

---
Rosesong's Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

1. Explorer won't save my settings

After a recent batch of Windows XP Updates, Explorer will
no longer save my settings.  I want the Folder view in
the left pane to come up (view\explorer bar\folders) but
it no longer does.  Also, I used to be able to specify
the size of the startup window, but now it perfectly
matches the IE window size.  One last annoyance is the
startup view the right pane is tiles but I want details.
Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, have you found
a solution?

2. NT and Netlogon

3. Windows Explorer won't remember 'saved' position setting

4. download full, install later

5. Annoying (Save,Open,cancel) Pop UP when downloading won't save setting

6. Turn off does not turn pc off

7. Win 95 won't save settings

8. lockups with xp home

9. Any chance of saving internet explorer settings for further installations?

10. Internet Explorer connection settings will not save

11. Explorer windows settings not saved

12. Saving view settings in Windows Explorer