Bogus error message

Post by GCS » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:13:48

  I keep getting the message below when I click on a shortcut to the
TV.gif and other files.  Although it says that it cannot find the file,
it finds it and opens the file with the program associated with the
file.  It makes no difference if the gif file example above is in the
C or D partition.  Does anyone know how to stop this worthless error
message from appearing?

  Thanks.  (Please reply by email also.)

Cannot find the file 'C:\Windows\Desktop\TV.gif' (or one of its
components).  Make sure the path and filename are correct and that
all required libraries are available.

Bogus error message

Post by Graham » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:37:06

Quote:>   I keep getting the message below when I click on a shortcut to the
> TV.gif and other files.  Although it says that it cannot find the file,
> it finds it and opens the file with the program associated with the
> file.  It makes no difference if the gif file example above is in the
> C or D partition.  Does anyone know how to stop this worthless error
> message from appearing?

>   Thanks.  (Please reply by email also.)

> Cannot find the file 'C:\Windows\Desktop\TV.gif' (or one of its
> components).  Make sure the path and filename are correct and that
> all required libraries are available.

I trust you appreciate that the file tv.gif itself needs to be present
on the Desktop for that link to work?

--
Graham W     D-I-Y Astro Projects,  Web Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.graham-wood.freeserve.co.uk/

Bogus error message

Post by Materials La » Thu, 04 Jan 2001 03:37:39

It might help to know which program eventually opens up the program. And
like Graham said, it appears that it is looking for the GIF file on the
desktop, not a shortcut to the file. Therefore, I expect it may be a problem
with your program.

> >   I keep getting the message below when I click on a shortcut to the
> > TV.gif and other files.  Although it says that it cannot find the file,
> > it finds it and opens the file with the program associated with the
> > file.  It makes no difference if the gif file example above is in the
> > C or D partition.  Does anyone know how to stop this worthless error
> > message from appearing?

> >   Thanks.  (Please reply by email also.)

> > Cannot find the file 'C:\Windows\Desktop\TV.gif' (or one of its
> > components).  Make sure the path and filename are correct and that
> > all required libraries are available.

> I trust you appreciate that the file tv.gif itself needs to be present
> on the Desktop for that link to work?

1. Bogus error message when sending large files.

I sometimes send email with attachments in the 1-5 MB range.  I am getting
an error message stating the email was not sent, there is no copy in the
sent folder, the error message information is totally blank, but the email
goes out.

I am using a Dell 8400, Win XP Pro SP2, Norton AV is turned off for outbound
email (didn't make a difference so I am turning it back on), and have a
cable broadband connection.  There is a 10 MB limit on email accounts I am
using.

This started about two months ago, and I suspect it is from one of the
Updates from Microsoft.  I have no idea which one.

The error occurs on multiple accounts.

Can someone help me with this, please?

Thanks!

W. G. Davis

2. Real Time MPEG Encoders

3. bogus error message opening communicator

4. SP!

5. bogus microsoft / norton messages

6. Winows and Kazaa (warning!!)

7. Bogus "File in use" messages from WORD 97 under XP

8. HELP: mandatory user profiles

9. Bogus Message?

10. Bogus New Hardware Found Message

11. Bogus "Setting up" message

12. What causes bogus "Application can't open - not enough memory" messages?

13. I.E 6.0 bogus page unavailable error