s35explorer and com ports

Post by Olaf Conra » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:00:04

Hello again,

I just got a new mobile phone (Siemens C35i) and was woundering if I
could get S35explorer and/or Softdatalink 3 to work under wine.

The install was no problem, but I can't get them to open my COM port.

The datacable is connected to /dev/ttyS3.

from my /proc/tty/driver/serial:
3: uart:16550A port:2E8 irq:3 baud:9600 tx:3049247 rx:16375593 fe:64 brk:68

(the tx, rx and brk are from apcupsd which was previously connected to
/dev/ttyS3 and apcupsd has been shutdown)

permissions on /dev/ttyS3 are:
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout    4,  67 Nov 22 22:50 /dev/ttyS3
and my user account is member of the dialout group.

My /etc/wine.conf contains:
[serialports]
Com1=/dev/ttyS3,9600
[ports]
read=0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0,0x2e8-0x2ef
write=0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0,0x2e8-0x2ef

The program s35ex_setup.exe can be downloaded from
http://home.t-online.de/home/cdcopy/s35ex_setup.exe

I hope someone can help,

 -Olaf

1. Errors: 'Couldn't Open Com Port' & 'Com Port Already Open'

I am at a real loss here.  I can't seem to get my Win95b system to talk
to my Zyxel ISDN terminal adaptor on Com 2. I checked out the port with
a loopback connector and ran Norton Diag and the port checked out fine -
remeber NDIAG runs in DOS. I have also tried various com programs to
just try to talk to the TA on com 2, but to no avail.  Win95's modem
diagnostics says, "Couldn't Open Port", Hyperterminal says, "Another
program is using the telephony device" and the Zyxel configuration
software says,"Open Communication Port Error".  The trouble is, I have
removed everything from my StartUp folder, checked my old Win.ini
(nothing is loading there), ensured that I do not have MS Fax running
(it isn't even on the system!).

I have run out of ideas and web resources, any advice would be
appreciated.  Extra points for CC'ing me directly in addition to posting
your response.

Thanks in advance!

Ed Correia

2. XP sp1

3. ERROR: 'Couldn't Open Com Port' & 'Com Port Already Open'

4. Quadrant Buster TV Card - Please Help!!

5. coms port that wont com

6. Cant you make start up diskettes from the Windows XP CD?

7. Map virtual com port to infared port

8. 6.4 illegal operation message

9. My COM Ports or Par Ports will not work

10. How to Map Virtual COM Ports to Infrared Ports in XP

11. How do I map a USB port to a virtual COM port?

12. Using paallel port as a com port

13. How to add a printer port and com ports to a DELL without either?