Having the dialer come up automatically

Post by Patrick Li » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

When I first loaded NT 4.0, the dialer user to pop up when I double
clicked on the Netscape Communicator. Now it doesn't do it and I was
wondering
if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to get that working again
so that I don't have to bring the dialer up first.

Thanks,

Pat

Post by Ian Langnicke » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Patrick Lim schrieb:

> Hi,

> When I first loaded NT 4.0, the dialer user to pop up when I double
> clicked on the Netscape Communicator. Now it doesn't do it and I was
> wondering
> if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to get that working again
> so that I don't have to bring the dialer up first.

> Thanks,

> Pat

Although I'm running the German Version of Communicator 4.0x I would like
to tell you how to switch this option on again. Note that I don't know the
exact terms of the menue items for that reason so probably you'll have to
switch through the options to find the correct preferences.Choose
Perferences from the (Edit?) Menue (next to the "File"-menue) and select
the Offline-running mode. Here select the mode that you have a modem
connected to your PC and there is no permanent connection to the Internet.
Now Communicator will open the dial-up window when started.
Hope, I could have helped you a little!

Ian

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. Problems with MSTCP-32

3. I am having problems with XP, same blue error screen keeps coming up...

4. Audio Conferencing (Help)!!!

5. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

6. WTB:WIN NT 3.51 Server

7. Pop Ups Where they are coming from and how to stop them

8. cpu overclocking

9. pop ups keep coming up!

10. Mediaplayer comes to the foreground automatically

11. explorer windows coming to front automatically

12. system32 screen folder comes up automatically after login

13. How to Change settings automatically after image comes up 1st time