Reading and writing to the registry

Post by JJ » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:25:35

Are there any functions available for C++ that will allow reading and
writing to the NT registry?

Reading and writing to the registry

Post by Dave Astle » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:27:44

Look up CRegKey and associated functions.

Quote:> Are there any functions available for C++ that will allow reading and
> writing to the NT registry?

Reading and writing to the registry

Post by Jerry Coffi » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:47:25

says...

Quote:> Are there any functions available for C++ that will allow reading and
> writing to the NT registry?

RegCreateKey, RegSetValue, RegQueryValue, etc.

If you're looking for encapsulation, you might want to look at Sammy
Blackburn's WFC.  His registry class is at:

http://www.codeproject.com/library/wfc/Registry.asp

--
    Later,
    Jerry.

The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.

Reading and writing to the registry

Post by rjb » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:22:04

Don't forget SetRegistryKey(_T("MyBaseKey\\MySubkey"));

> says...
> > Are there any functions available for C++ that will allow reading
and
> > writing to the NT registry?

> RegCreateKey, RegSetValue, RegQueryValue, etc.

> If you're looking for encapsulation, you might want to look at Sammy
> Blackburn's WFC.  His registry class is at:

> http://www.codeproject.com/library/wfc/Registry.asp

> --
>     Later,
>     Jerry.

> The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Harddisks: Seek, Read, Write, Read, Write, Slow ?

Hi,

Take these 3 concepts and then look at the implementation/performance:

( 3 Concepts for reading/writing with harddisks )

Concept 1:

Seek, Read, Read, Read, Read, Read, Etc

Results: FAST

Concept 2:

Seek, Write, Write, Write, Write, Write, Etc

Results: FAST

Concept 3:

Seek, Read, Write, Read, Write, Read, Write,

Results: SLOW ???

The pseudo code is like:

Seek( 0 ); // offset 0

For I:=0 to FileBlocks-1 do // number of 4KB blocks in file.
begin
    if Random(2) = 0 then
        Read( 4 KB )
    Else
        Write( 4 KB );
end;

The original concept is:

Do a seek once.

Then read or write a block of data. The head is automatically forwarded to
the next block. So no extra seek is needed.

For concept 1 and concept 2 this works just fine and gives good performance.

However concept 3 has very bad performance.

Is this a software issue ? ( Windows XP )

Is this a hardware issue ? ( Harddisk Read Head and Harddisk Write Head
can't work together like this and an extra seek is needed ?  )

Or some sort of driver issue ? ( Harddisk driver / firmware issue ? )

Bye,
  Skybuck.

2. dvd/cd drives address D

3. how to read and write registry at MiniportHalt?

4. Searching for KB 263837

5. Give Read/Write to specific Registry Keys to Restricted Users

6. Outlook Express startup problem - sorry

7. Registry Reading/Writing

8. mirror windowsxp

9. Help with write&read registry!

10. Registry read/write

11. Q: how to read/write a binary entry in the registry?

12. Reading from and writing to the Registry

13. How to read/write registry entry more than one level deep