Hiding classes in class view

Post by Yeo Boo Ki » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

Does anyone knows how to prevent classes from being displayed in the
class-view of the developer studio of VC++ 4.x ?

There must be a way to do this since we don't see CWnd, CObject etc.
right?

Post by Cecil A. Galbrait » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hi everybody,

> Does anyone knows how to prevent classes from being displayed in the
> class-view of the developer studio of VC++ 4.x ?

> There must be a way to do this since we don't see CWnd, CObject etc.
> right?

Sure... Compile your classes into object files and include them in a
private library. Link to your library at build-time. Don't forget to
make up an "include" header to tell your project about your classes...

--
Cecil Galbraith

CustomSoft

Download free programmers utilities at
http://www.concentric.net/~cgalbrai/

Post by FredSteven » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> > Hi everybody,

> > Does anyone knows how to prevent classes from being displayed in the
> > class-view of the developer studio of VC++ 4.x ?

> > There must be a way to do this since we don't see CWnd, CObject etc.
> > right?

> Sure... Compile your classes into object files and include them in a
> private library. Link to your library at build-time. Don't forget to
> make up an "include" header to tell your project about your classes...
> But I'm afraid the header file will cause your classes to appear in the

class-view.  There is a file somewhere in the MSDEV tree (I think) in
which you can list classes (or perhaps ".h" files) to exclude from the
class-view.  It's documented in the VC++ help or in DevNet.  There are
some drawbacks, however.  For one the file applies to all projects.

Fred

Hiding classes in class view

Post by Yeo Boo Ki » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996 12:27:50 -0500, FredStevens

> But I'm afraid the header file will cause your classes to appear in the
>class-view.  There is a file somewhere in the MSDEV tree (I think) in
>which you can list classes (or perhaps ".h" files) to exclude from the
>class-view.  It's documented in the VC++ help or in DevNet.  There are
>some drawbacks, however.  For one the file applies to all projects.

>Fred

thanks for the pointers! I've since found the documentation, and the
file you mentioned is "msdev\bin\sysincl.dat". Also found another way
that can be done on a per-project basis. That is, to insert "/**/"
between #include and the filename. This will stop the pre-processor
from scanning the dependencies in the file. eg:

#include /**/ "abc.h"

This method is also documented. I personnally find this very useful,
especially in large projects with many classes, and when using class
libraries other than MFC.

regards,
bookian

Post by Brett D. Boc » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> > Does anyone knows how to prevent classes from being displayed in the
> > class-view of the developer studio of VC++ 4.x ?

> > There must be a way to do this since we don't see CWnd, CObject etc.
> > right?

> Sure... Compile your classes into object files and include them in a
> private library. Link to your library at build-time. Don't forget to
> make up an "include" header to tell your project about your classes...

Are you sure this is the case?  All the libraries I include still show
their classes in the class browser, because the include files indicate
that they exist.  However, as Yeo points out MSF classes don't show up.
So the question still remains:  Is there a way to prevent owns own
classes form being displayted in the class-view of the developer studio
of VC++.
--
Brett D. Bock, Senior Engineer
Lockheed Martin, Advanced Processing

1. Use class wizard to derive a new class from a present class?

Can I use class wizard to derive a class from the view class it
created with the AppWizard.  I used AppWizard to create a project
with a View (CNewView) from the CFormView class.  Now I want to
derive a new View from that class.

class COpenView : Public CNewView
{
//Many of the function for both veiws are identical

Many of the funtions in both views will be almost identical.  So
I felt that by deriving the other views from CNewView they could
just inherit those same functions.

When I use class wizard and select NewClass from the pull down
menu you can not choose CNewView (you also can not choose CObject).
So how do I use class wizard to do this?

Thanks
DLB

2. att jim eshelman

3. classwizard and making a derived class a base class for another class

4. Plugging in a USB Drive

5. Derive a class from CRecordset class and have the derived class appear in Classwizard Dropdown

6. Additional Copy of OE 6

7. Creating a class through class wiz which derives from a class not listed

8. for all with a Gforce 2 card

9. a class from class view of workspace missing !!

10. Calling a frame class function in from the view class

11. multiple view classes of a single document class?

12. Classes disappearing from Class View

13. Class disappears from workspace class view?