Q: Setting up different permissions for different users

Q: Setting up different permissions for different users

Post by Tim Olso » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I am relatively new to the NT and networking world.
I recently received NT 4.0 b1 build 1234 and have
it installed on my home stand-alone machine.  I
know how to set up new accounts and how to assign
various users to various groups.  I want to allow
different users to have different file and access
permission to the applications I have.  How?  Does
this involve diving into the registry?  Thanks.

--

Tim Olson
VeriBest Inc.

http://plains.uwyo.edu/~ole/

Q: Setting up different permissions for different users

Post by Brian Fum » Sun, 02 Jun 1996 04:00:00

In Explorer right-click on the files or directories and set the
permissions there.

Quote:> various users to various groups.  I want to allow

Post by H. Scott Low » Mon, 03 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I am relatively new to the NT and networking world.
> I recently received NT 4.0 b1 build 1234 and have
> it installed on my home stand-alone machine.  I
> know how to set up new accounts and how to assign
> various users to various groups.  I want to allow
> different users to have different file and access
> permission to the applications I have.  How?  Does
> this involve diving into the registry?  Thanks.

> --

From the property sheet for the file/folder, you can change
permissions, auditing, etc.  Keep in mind you must be using NT's
native file system, NTFS, not the DOS file system (FAT), in
order to be able to do this.

HTH,
Scott

Q: Setting up different permissions for different users

Post by Frederick Pa » Mon, 03 Jun 1996 04:00:00

about subject "Re: Setting up different permissions for different users":
(Area /comp/os/ms-windows/nt/misc)

Quote:> In Explorer right-click on the files or directories and set the
> permissions there.

> > various users to various groups.  I want to allow
> > different users to have different file and access
> > permission to the applications I have.  How?  Does
> > this involve diving into the registry?  Thanks.

For the 3.51 just use good ol' FileManager (Security/Permissions)

C U around!
 __
|_

1. Too much money? Get married!
2. Even contact lenses don't fight loneliness ...

## CrossPoint v3.11 R ##

1. How can I set different startup-menues & different screen-resolutions for different users?

Hi to all,

I'm still new in WinXP.

On my PC there are 3 User-Profiles: Children, Wife, Me.

Win98 gave me the possibility to customize different Startup-Menues vor the
Kids on one side and Wife/Me on the other side.
It was able to have different screen-resolutions for the different Users.

How do I do this on WinXP.

Thanks for Your help.

--

Greetings out of cyberspace,
Mondspeer

2. ExitWindowsEx()

3. How to set different setting in XP for different desktop user?

4. Problem with SP4 and time format in IIS

5. Unable to Set Different E-Mail Programs for Different Users

6. touch key board

7. Different Content Advisor Settings for Different Users in XP?

8. 2 OS on 2 physical drives ??

9. Different Content Advisor setting for different users

10. how to set different resolutions for different user accounts?!

11. Can different users have different resolution settings?

12. Unable to Set Different E-Mail Programs for Different Users

13. Different settings for Different Users