How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

Post by William A. Rowe, Jr » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 06:11:18

You cannot have two servers run on the same IP address, same Port.

You must use a different IP or Port.

Suggest your app server use the alternate Port, since that's the usual convention.

> Hi All,

> How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web
> server)?

> I have no idea to what should I do after this two servers was connected hub.

> Please support me to resolve this problem, thank you!

> --
> Sammy Yung

> website    :  http://www.sammy-yung.net
> icq           :  68172899
> phonefree:  5096592

1. two servers / two domains/ one ip / one router ?

I'm trying to set up two totally seperate servers on one IP.
Two servers, two domains, one IP, Netgear Router. Is it possible?

                                            http://www.domain1.com
                                               -----------------
  One IP            Netgear RT314       ===>  | Apache Machine  |
 ---------            --------                 -----------------
|   ISP   | =======> | Router |
 ---------            --------              http://www.domain2.com
                                               -----------------
                                        ===>  |   IIS Machine   |
                                               -----------------

I know I could probably setup port forwarding in the router and then enter
www.domian1.com:8080 to access one server and then www.domian1.com:8090
to go to another server, but I want it to be a regular domain name.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kris

2. Converting realmovie files

3. Two IP Addresses/one server

4. Not updating to IE6

5. NT Server and 2000 Server on one machine using Server Magic ?

6. WinME and media player9 forgot to mention...

7. Two NICs in one server - two IPs, one machine name

8. Alcatel USB speedtouch modem

9. Oracle Application Server vs. other Web Server Products

10. FrontPage Server Extension + Windows 2003 + Sun One Web Server 6.0

11. DHCP Server and IP Address change of the server

12. Windows XP home edition can install personal web server or peer web server

13. personal web server or IIS which web server works in WINDOWS XP