Traffic counter over an Ethernet card

Post by fvent.. » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi everybody:

Does anyone know how to get a measurement of the network traffic over an
Ethernet card?

I'd like to get some reallistic estimation about the quantity of the
messages (and also the bytes) that flow over my cable-modem connected
card to the Internet.

My system is a NT 4.0 Server with SP4.

Thaks in advance,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Traffic counter over an Ethernet card

Post by Jon Shell » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

If you don't have time to learn network monitor, netstat -e from a command
prompt will give you simple transmission numbers.

Jon

>Hi everybody:

>Does anyone know how to get a measurement of the network traffic over an
>Ethernet card?

>I'd like to get some reallistic estimation about the quantity of the
>messages (and also the bytes) that flow over my cable-modem connected
>card to the Internet.

>My system is a NT 4.0 Server with SP4.

>Thaks in advance,

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. setting up an internet traffic counter

Hi, everyone!

I own a tiny LAN that consists in two PS's: one runs WinXP Pro, the other
WinMe. The WinXP PC is connected to the internet by cable and has internet
connection sharing (ICS) enabled (for the second PC). I am considering
changing my internet connection subscription type to a cheaper one, that
offers a certain amount of traffic each month. In order to know which of the
subscriptions is the most economical for me, I need to know which is my
monthly internet traffic.

I see WinXP Pro has the possibility to track certain activities which go on
in the computer. I tried to set up a counter to measure the total traffic
through the NIC that connects to the internet cable, to no avail. I'm
totally lost at this point, so please tell me:

1. is it possible to use WinXP Pro internal resources to track my internet
traffic, or do I need another specialized program (if the latter, which
program would you recommend?)
2. if WinXP is able to track the traffic through a NIC, how should I set the
counter up, and how should I be able to read the results at the end of the
tracking time?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Teo

2. Disable banner/notify - XP & Netware printer

3. setting up a network traffic counter

4. CD Burning probelm with Nero - Repost.

5. HELP: Monitoring traffic on an ethernet lan.

6. kernel32.dll error messages

7. Ethernet Traffic analyzer

8. QoS for LAN

9. Hardware, sound card and ethernet card lost

10. ethernet card light are off card is enabled

11. PC Card ethernet card

12. beta testers wanted: JEO-Counter Win32 JPEG counter CGI

13. HELP: setting up TCPIP traffic between 2 net cards in WIN95 PC