Changing HDD/CD drive IRQ levels

Post by Andrew Ficklin » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Apologies if this query is a little off topic (appreciate any pointers
to other newsgroups if this is the case),

I'm currently using a Digital PC with NT4 (SP3) and was wondering if
there was any way to change the IRQ level for the CD drive (currently
set to 15). Can this be done from within NT, or does it require a jumper
change? The driver software is called PIIXIDE.SYS, but I don't think
there's an associated application to effect this change.

Andrew
--
Andrew Fickling, Manchester, UK

1. Conflicts on IRQ 11-How to change IRQ's

I have many of my devices using IRQ11.  These includes my ATI Radeon
Graphics Card, my SB LIVE!, a SCSI host adaptor, a 1394 card,  and
it's showing as well the system is using the USB controller on that
IRQ. I had no problems except for some sound across my system speakers
that could be caused from noise from the SB Live on that channel.  My
question, I have since added a Linksys network card and now my
computer bootup is taking far longer. I think part of it is it also
grabbed IRQ 11 and I wonder if its' the fact it's a network card or
just one too many devices on IRQ11.  I also noticed a increase in
games that crash since I installed the network card.  IRQ 5, 7, and 10
aren't even being used as far as I can tell.  I know you are supposed
to be able to change IRQ's in the device manager but I'm unable to.
The change setting option is greyed out and I can't unselect to do
automatic settings.  I am using a Tyan 2390B motherboard if that makes
any difference.  Is there any way I can get the SBLive or Network card
off of IRQ 11 onto maybe 5 and 7?  Thanks for any help.

Remove the nospam to respond by email

2. Help limiting Users Disk space

3. Changing video card from a Virtual IRQ to Standard IRQ

4. Is there a set of Power Toys for XP that includes the old "Send To X"

5. CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW

6. Internet Explorer 6 continues to freeze...

7. cd drive f (DVD/CD-ROM) and cd drive e (CD-RW)

8. OE6 problem

9. Changing HDD drive letter

10. Multiple Drive Letters after Installing HDD and how do I change them?

11. IDE CD drives changing to SCSI drives

12. Changed CD drive letter not drive won't read files

13. Change CD Drive name to CD-RW?