Zip drive autoload

Post by Steven M. Kempne » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have a new computer with an internal IDE Zip drive.  After
re-partitioning the HD and re-installing Win 95C, I re-installed the Zip
drive using the install diskette and the Zip Tools Zip disk.  Now,
whenever I insert a Zip diskette into the drive it automatically opens a
My Computer directory.  This is particularly annoying when I insert a
read/write protected disk and it gives me an error message.

Anyone know how I turn this feature off?

I have tried Iomega's web site and haven't found any mention of this
feature..

Thanks, SMK

Zip drive autoload

Post by Eric Pelletie » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm no expect on ZIP drives, but check under the Device Manager for the ZIP
drive, check it's settings, and uncheck the "Auto Insert Notification" of
it.   I'm assuming that it's the same as a CDROM.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Quote:>I have a new computer with an internal IDE Zip drive.  After
>re-partitioning the HD and re-installing Win 95C, I re-installed the Zip
>drive using the install diskette and the Zip Tools Zip disk.  Now,
>whenever I insert a Zip diskette into the drive it automatically opens a
>My Computer directory.  This is particularly annoying when I insert a
>read/write protected disk and it gives me an error message.

>Anyone know how I turn this feature off?

>I have tried Iomega's web site and haven't found any mention of this
>feature..

>Thanks, SMK

1. mac zip drive copatibility with PC zips?

Hi all,

this is not a flame. We are all trying to get things done and that's
what counts right?

I am starting a 3-d modelling design company and the files we use are
really big. My associates use a zip drive to transfer huge files but
they use PC workstations. I use a mac and I was wondering is I got a zip
drive could I read their zip disks and vice versa or would I have to get
softwindows95.

I understand coming from the PC world myself that there is a veil
between the two technologies and people usually are not fluent in both.
Hence my question.

Thanks,
mike

p.s. between all the work and preproduction for the animations we are
doing I might not be able to check the newsgroup so I would GREATLY
appreciate a response via e-mail. Thanks
--

      /    |<  | |_/ |_/  \/           --
     /     | \ | |   |    /          \0/\0/

2. NEED TO LOG TIME/DATE OF INCOMING RAS SESSIONS

3. Zip drive, zip disk problem

4. history

5. ZIP DRIVES AND ZIP DISKS.

6. Animation in Windows 3.1 (Grasp, fli??)

7. My Zip Drive will not recognize my Zip Disk

8. outlook messages missing body

9. Zip drivers w/0 Zip drive!?

10. ZIP tools backup in NT- or other backup to zip drive?

11. Zip media problem - 100Mb ATAPI Zip drive

12. zip,zip,zip, TurbpZIP, uue, mme, b64, exe

13. Lost settings after switching a hard drive to a ZIP drive