Pls Help! Pls Help! ASP Page cannot reflesh Pls Help!

Pls Help! Pls Help! ASP Page cannot reflesh Pls Help!

Post by Chri » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I am developing an asp application on IIS3.0.
I have written an asp page and upload to my server, it works fine.
But, when I amended the content of the page, and upload again to my
server.  The strange point to me is that when I browse this page in a
browser, it still showed the old page ( the content before amendment
), I press refresh and reload, it shows the same.

I checked with this asp page the www server and opened it with
notepad, this is absolutely new content.  I have tried to stop and
restart the www server.  The output is still the same.  I think that
maybe there is an old file in cache.  How to solve it.  I have to
finish the project, if I cannot solve this problem, I will have a big
problem.

Pls email your sugguestion to me.

Chris

Pls Help! Pls Help! ASP Page cannot reflesh Pls Help!

Post by David Garne » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Sounds like the page is cached on the web client end.  Delete the cache &
restart your browser.  If your server has a 'proxy server' it will cache
pages also.

Dave Garner

Quote:> I am developing an asp application on IIS3.0.
> I have written an asp page and upload to my server, it works fine.
> But, when I amended the content of the page, and upload again to my
> server.  The strange point to me is that when I browse this page in a
> browser, it still showed the old page ( the content before amendment
> ), I press refresh and reload, it shows the same.

> I checked with this asp page the www server and opened it with
> notepad, this is absolutely new content.  I have tried to stop and
> restart the www server.  The output is still the same.  I think that
> maybe there is an old file in cache.  How to solve it.  I have to
> finish the project, if I cannot solve this problem, I will have a big
> problem.

> Pls email your sugguestion to me.

> Chris

1. Pls pls pls help

Your BIOS may have it's virus checker enabled. Access the BIOS and look for a Virus Detection entry like "Chip Away" or simply "Virus Detection" if it is enabled, disable it, save the settings and reboot. Then try the install again.

The above aside the majority of problems that I've encountered when installing XP have to do with flaky RAM. Many people purchased additional RAM when it was very cheap and while it worked well with Windows 98, XP is a lot more resource demanding. If you have more than 1 stick of RAM in your system try removing a stick and installing XP again. If you encounter errors then swap the RAM for another stick.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

2. Stop: 0x0000007E Blue Screen Vicious Cycle

3. PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

4. Multimedia Folder and CPU Hogging

5. I need help with hidden files! Pls Help!

6. Can't copy mp3 to Nomad II MG with WMP 9

7. Help - MSN MEssenger video (repost, pls help!)

8. Monitor Saver Mode

9. test.pl produces DOWNLOADABLE output as... test.pl

10. Autorun IE but can't find page, pls help....

11. Pls Help: IE locks up for 15-30 seconds on page load

12. Error Message: Cannot copy file (Pls Help!)

13. HELP PLS: Cannot Install XP Episode II "Attack of the Errors"