Other Programs Launching Applications

Post by Dwight G. Baldw » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

This is my first post.

My Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 3) seems to fail to correctly launch
helper applications.  Several commercial programs do not seem to be able
to launch an application with a file as an argument.

Many of my apps. are grouped under \Programs Files\.  Could this be a
problem?

Several programs try to start an app. with a command line file.  Is this
not allowed in NT?

Thanks for the help.
Dwight

Other Programs Launching Applications

Post by Gary M. Letchinge » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Do you have quotes around the reference to the to the .exe file (e.g.
"C:\Program Files\Stuff\Stuff.exe")? This can help when there is a space
in a directory name.

--
*  Gary M. Letchinger