Cannot install fonts - Fonts folder is shown a standard folder

Cannot install fonts - Fonts folder is shown a standard folder

Post by MLumbre » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:00:43

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Notebook with Windows Me OEM preinstalled.
I like to install a new font by opening Control Panel > Fonts > File
but the folder is open like a standard folder and the option Install New
Font
does not appear in the File menu.
How can solve that?
Regards
Mauricio

Cannot install fonts - Fonts folder is shown a standard folder

Post by Koldbea » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:22:22

Do this:

START/Run/attrib +s c:\Windows\Fonts

--
8O)
Koldbear

> Hi,
> I have a Toshiba Notebook with Windows Me OEM preinstalled.
> I like to install a new font by opening Control Panel > Fonts > File
> but the folder is open like a standard folder and the option Install New
> Font
> does not appear in the File menu.
> How can solve that?
> Regards
> Mauricio

1. HELP! Fonts folder corrupt, cannot install new fonts!

HELP!

I tried moving some stuff out of my \windows\fonts directory, and ended up
changing the "system" attribute of the directory.  I set it again, but now
when I go to "Settings | Control Panel | Fonts", it's just a normal directory.
 I still have my old fonts, but the menu for adding new ones is gone from
Explorer's "File" menu.  Did I fuck up the new FAT?  How can I fix this
problem (aside from installing the entire OS again)?

-Dave

                        *ENJOY THE SAUCE*
Orz Lives!                        http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dfried

2. BUSINESS SOFTWARE

3. win 95 not finding fonts in fonts folder / desktop fonts bad

4. Windows xp will not complete boot

5. "Install New Font" Menu Item missing from Fonts Folder

6. Stupid question; run-time screen building (CStatic)

7. Fonts folder w/no install fonts option

8. new to xp

9. Adding Fonts to Windows XP "Fonts" folder

10. Windows XP Fonts Folder - Not recognized as fonts

11. all necessary fonts needed in windows font folder

12. Unable to add fonts to font folder

13. New Fonts won't load into font folder