Does Quickbooks Pro 2000 run?

Post by John Wolte » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

The Wine database is down today, does anyone know if Intuit's Quickbooks Pro
2000 runs under Wine?

------------------- Wolter Works - Always Innovating ------------------
- Industry and Commerce Internet Reinvention
- Internet Marketing & Product Concepts

John Wolter, President
1531 Jones Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1871 USA
1-734-665-1263

Post by Linux Fro » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

> The Wine database is down today, does anyone know if Intuit's Quickbooks
Pro
> 2000 runs under Wine?

> ------------------- Wolter Works - Always Innovating ------------------
> - Industry and Commerce Internet Reinvention
> - Internet Marketing & Product Concepts

> John Wolter, President
> 1531 Jones Drive
> Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1871 USA
> 1-734-665-1263

Try it and see.....

Does Quickbooks Pro 2000 run?

Post by John Wolte » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

My reply to Linux Frog is 'jump is a lake',  none serious replies are not
appreciated.

Does Quickbooks Pro 2000 run?

Post by Doug Youn » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> The Wine database is down today, does anyone know if Intuit's Quickbooks
Pro
> 2000 runs under Wine?

Just noticed this posting .... I was wondering if you found out yet  ??

> ------------------- Wolter Works - Always Innovating ------------------
> - Industry and Commerce Internet Reinvention
> - Internet Marketing & Product Concepts

> John Wolter, President
> 1531 Jones Drive
> Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1871 USA
> 1-734-665-1263

Does Quickbooks Pro 2000 run?

Post by Herma » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Nope, still doesn't know.  It appears that I'll have to take a PC,
install Linux and try it...

If it works, then Linux will become really useful.

Somebody suggested using win4lin instead of wine.  Apparantly win4lin is
based on merge of SCO and can run QuickBooks.  The problem that I have
with that, is that one still runs windoze - albeit protected and on top
of Linux instead of DOS, but I have never had a problem with DOS, the
problem is the bugs in windoze.  So, apart from making it easier to run
windoze apps, I don't think that win4lin would be much of an improvement
and may even make things worse.

Cheers,

Herman