problem for REAL windows wizards

Post by BIO » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

since the last saturnday j have encountered a "little" problem with my win
98 os.

what is the problem :

well, prepare yourself to laugh .......

now , there is a process that uses about 99.9% of my cpu .

taskinfo 2000 tells me it's called "idle" , has priority 4/4 , has ID
FF0F757B,  no path or other informations.

j have tried to close all tasks , uninstall unused programs , and clean
registry , but nothing has happened.

please , help me , if anyone knows how to terminate this process.

thank you

BIO

problem for REAL windows wizards

Post by Richard Wintje » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

It's not April, so maybe this is for real.
The idle task is what your computer does when it's not doing anything
else.

> since the last saturnday j have encountered a "little" problem with my win
> 98 os.

> what is the problem :

> well, prepare yourself to laugh .......

> now , there is a process that uses about 99.9% of my cpu .

> taskinfo 2000 tells me it's called "idle" , has priority 4/4 , has ID
> FF0F757B,  no path or other informations.

> j have tried to close all tasks , uninstall unused programs , and clean
> registry , but nothing has happened.

> please , help me , if anyone knows how to terminate this process.

> thank you

> BIO

problem for REAL windows wizards

Post by t.. » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

That's the *right* answer!

> It's not April, so maybe this is for real.
> The idle task is what your computer does when it's not doing anything
> else.

> > since the last saturnday j have encountered a "little" problem with my win
> > 98 os.

> > what is the problem :

> > well, prepare yourself to laugh .......

> > now , there is a process that uses about 99.9% of my cpu .

> > taskinfo 2000 tells me it's called "idle" , has priority 4/4 , has ID
> > FF0F757B,  no path or other informations.

> > j have tried to close all tasks , uninstall unused programs , and clean
> > registry , but nothing has happened.

> > please , help me , if anyone knows how to terminate this process.

> > thank you

> > BIO

problem for REAL windows wizards

Post by BIO » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>It's not April, so maybe this is for real.
>The idle task is what your computer does when it's not doing anything
>else.

You're right , it's not April and it's not a joke , but can you tell me why
idle task uses 98 % of my cpu when it's doing nothing?

I don't think i'ts normal ( well , j am sure that it isn't normal , because
all my system has become sloooooow)

any suggestion ?

thank you

BIO

problem for REAL windows wizards

Post by Richard Wintje » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The CPU has to do something, all the time; the only way to use the CPU
at less than a total of 100% is with the HALT instruction (which creates
problems in a system trying to look like a real-time OS). Since the
total has to be 100%, something has to use the time not used by anything
else; Micro$oft chose to call this the idle task. Basically, the idle
task sits there examining all the inputs to the CPU (mostly via the
interrupt controller), waiting for a request to do something useful. The
reason the idle task doesn't use 100% is that the system timer generates
some activity (updating the system clock), and the program used to
determine which tasks are running uses some.

> >It's not April, so maybe this is for real.
> >The idle task is what your computer does when it's not doing anything
> >else.

> You're right , it's not April and it's not a joke , but can you tell me why
> idle task uses 98 % of my cpu when it's doing nothing?

> I don't think i'ts normal ( well , j am sure that it isn't normal , because
> all my system has become sloooooow)

> any suggestion ?

> thank you

> BIO

problem for REAL windows wizards

Post by BIO » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

.

1. On going problem Real Player 8 / Real One, Windows ME & Netscape 7.01

I hope its O.K. to post this question here too.....I also posted this
issue on the Mozilla & Netscape 7 windows group.....I hope that maybe
some Windows ME user has run across this problem before, and can offer
some insight......perhaps there still is some old Real Player entry in
the ME registry that needs to be cleared out. Just guessing.....

Hi there,

I have exhausted any possibilty of getting help from the people at Real
Networks. There current line is that they do not yet support Netscape 7
and can not offer any help. So I've come to the "Real" experts, the ones
on this newsgroup.....

I have had this problem, or I should say my father has had this problem
ever since we installed Netscape 7.0 (about 3 months ago) on his ME
system. He never had this issue with Netscape 4.79 or IE, and Real
Player 8 &/or Real One (which ever one is installed)has continued to
work in both of these, it just will not work in 7.0??

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Netscape 7 and Real Player
8 &/or Real One about 4 times now. Last night I also deleted the file
registry.dat in Mozilla, thinking there might be a problem there. Nothing!

Here is the problem: Left clicking on a real audio link .ram/.ra, opens
up the player and then it locks up - have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out.

The funny thing is if you right click, copy the link, open Real Player
and then paste the link into File/Open File it will play? Also, Real
JukeBox and all other media types play with no problem? Its just the
audio only files .ram/.ra....

Anyone out there have any ideas? I'm stumped this time....

Thanks, John

2. MSNetMeeting Servers ??

3. Problem: Windows Media Services Returns Real IP Address to GET Request [Q306610]

4. Win2k SP1 has messed up my Outlook express!

5. CD drive

6. Ann: Windows XP Chat

7. My first real problem with Windows XP....Disappearing files!

8. The REAL Problem with Windows 95 - The MS Conspiracy(?)

9. The REAL problem with Windows 95

10. Problem: Windows Media Services Returns Real IP Address to GET Request [Q306610]

11. Windows messenger Audio Tuning Wizard problem