Making borderless child windows

Post by Markus Svilan » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:15:48

Hi,

I am trying to create borderless child windows for use inside a tab control,
however I can't find a way to remove the title bar and border.

This is what the dialog template looks like in the resource:

IDD_DATA DIALOG 36, 23, 288, 135
STYLE WS_CHILD
CAPTION "Data"
FONT 8, "Tahoma"
BEGIN
    //controls defined in here
END

Even though the only style I have specified is WS_CHILD, it still shows up
with a border and title bar. I've tried everything I can think of. In code
samples I've found on the net, nobody else seems to have this problem, so
it's obvious to me that I'm missing something obvious. Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Markus.

Making borderless child windows

Post by Baxte » Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:11:02

I just did this for a Conversion program I'm writing.  My dialog template in
the resource looks like this:

IDD_LENGTH DIALOGED 0, 0, 300, 177
STYLE DS_3DLOOK | DS_CENTER | WS_CHILD
FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif"
BEGIN
END

Notice that there's no Caption. In the Resource Editor, open the Properties
for the dialog and uncheck the Title Bar.

Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to create borderless child windows for use inside a tab
control,
> however I can't find a way to remove the title bar and border.

> This is what the dialog template looks like in the resource:

> IDD_DATA DIALOG 36, 23, 288, 135
> STYLE WS_CHILD
> CAPTION "Data"
> FONT 8, "Tahoma"
> BEGIN
>     file://controls defined in here
> END

> Even though the only style I have specified is WS_CHILD, it still shows up
> with a border and title bar. I've tried everything I can think of. In code
> samples I've found on the net, nobody else seems to have this problem, so
> it's obvious to me that I'm missing something obvious. Can someone help
me?

> Thanks,

> Markus.

Making borderless child windows

Post by Markus Svilan » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:04:08

Hi Baxter,

Removing the caption did the trick. Thanks for pointing that out. It seems
kinda obvious now I should have tried that before :)

Markus.

> I just did this for a Conversion program I'm writing.  My dialog template
in
> the resource looks like this:

> IDD_LENGTH DIALOGED 0, 0, 300, 177
> STYLE DS_3DLOOK | DS_CENTER | WS_CHILD
> FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif"
> BEGIN
> END

> Notice that there's no Caption. In the Resource Editor, open the
Properties
> for the dialog and uncheck the Title Bar.

> --
> Free software  - Baxter Codeworks  www.baxcode.com

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to create borderless child windows for use inside a tab
> control,
> > however I can't find a way to remove the title bar and border.

> > This is what the dialog template looks like in the resource:

> > IDD_DATA DIALOG 36, 23, 288, 135
> > STYLE WS_CHILD
> > CAPTION "Data"
> > FONT 8, "Tahoma"
> > BEGIN
> >     file://controls defined in here
> > END

> > Even though the only style I have specified is WS_CHILD, it still shows
up
> > with a border and title bar. I've tried everything I can think of. In
code
> > samples I've found on the net, nobody else seems to have this problem,
so
> > it's obvious to me that I'm missing something obvious. Can someone help
> me?

> > Thanks,

> > Markus.

1. Child windows of child windows

Hello,

We have an MFC Windows app that creates multiple child windows within
the client area of the main window.  Each of these child windows, in
turn, creates one or more child windows.  Each of the windows at all
levels can be minimized, maximized, moved and resized within the
confines of its parent.

I initially thought that I would use wxMDIParentFrame for the
first-level child windows, then add wxMDIChildFrame windows for their
children.  The problem I have with this is that the wxMDIParentFrame
windows are not confined to the client area of the wxFrame main window
(at least as I have it so far).

What wxWindows classes would you recommend for the main window, the
first level, and the second level child windows?

Thanks,
Ben Hunsberger

2. MS-TCP and WFW 3.11

3. Child windows in MDI child

4. installing different versions of IE

5. Dialog track focus of child of child window?

6. NT and defrag

7. MFC child windows with children

8. buffer not big enough

9. borderless poppup windows broken in IE6

10. child made himself an admin , now what?

11. Database Record UID - making parent/child record relationships

12. borderless and captionless windows?

13. borderless window