WANTED: List of Pan-platform/Pan-Window O/S GUI Libraries/Builders

WANTED: List of Pan-platform/Pan-Window O/S GUI Libraries/Builders

Post by Paul Knight » Wed, 21 Jul 1993 08:00:00

Hello All,

As the subject says, could I please have some advice on products/
libraries for building GUI's which alleviate some of the burdens of
portability by offering GUI building-block API's which are consistent (or
at least for most of their functionality) across different O/S's and
Windowing environment. For example, XVT. Preferably available in
C/C++ Class formats.

For anyone who has had experience of such, could they summarise the
Pro/Con's of the product they used, plus give any hints/tips on such
developments.

Many thanks,

Paul Knighton
+  Paul A. M. Knighton,              Integrated Network Applications Group  +
+  Software Development Division,    Tel : (+44) (0)473 649159              +
+  Tray 2b G61 B81,                  FAX : (+44) (0)473 644605              +
+  BT Laboratories,                                                         +

+  Ipswich, IP5 7RE, ENGLAND.                                               +

WANTED: List of Pan-platform/Pan-Window O/S GUI Libraries/Builders

Post by Wade Guthr » Thu, 22 Jul 1993 00:39:17

I have built a FAQ on the subject.  Look for it in about a week on
comp.windows.misc.

--
Wade Guthrie                     | Trying to program on MS-DOS is like trying

Me be not speaking for the Rock. |

WANTED: List of Pan-platform/Pan-Window O/S GUI Libraries/Builders

Post by Matthew Smy » Fri, 23 Jul 1993 04:08:57

I am attempting to install a copy of On Time for Windows ver. 1.0 by Campbell
Services INC, on of of my user's machine.  The troubleshooting section in the manual reads for 3 out of 6 listed problems: Ontime was not installed properly;
Reinstall Ontime.  In addition to this lame help, Thier Tech support is a 1-900
number.  And so I refuse to call (You know how much paperwork that would be for me?).  So If anyone out there can help me.  Please E-mail me

The problem is that after installation,  When I ty and launch the program from either it's Icon or the Run... option,  it comes back with the message:

Program Terminated: Cannot find Data File OTFIL

OTFIL is in the directory that the OTWIN.EXE is in, as well as in both the Path and the working directory.

The OTWIN.INI file reads:
[Otwin]
datapath=c:\windows\ontime\
autostart=1

[control]
name=DAN

The datapath is the directory where the exe and data files are.  It returns same message with and without the autostart option.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

Scott

WANTED: List of Pan-platform/Pan-Window O/S GUI Libraries/Builders

Post by Ernesto Estev » Tue, 27 Jul 1993 21:27:47

:Hi:

I'm trying to display a image in Windows but the colors doesn't work
properly.
I got a pointer to a buffer with the images bits (8 Bits=1 pixel), and a
Pallete handle of the image, I fill up a BITMAP structure and get a HBITMAP
handle using the CreateBitmapIndirect function, I then create a Memory
DC using the CreateCompatibleDC function, I make it compatible with the
screen (application window), I select the bitmap into the memory DC with
the SelectObject function, next I select the palette as a foreground one
 for the memory DC and the application window DC and realize it in the
display window DC, I finally use the BitBlt function with the SRC_COPY
ROP operation to transfer the image from the memory DC to the
application window DC and the COLORS are WRONG!!!! What is wrong in what
I'm doing? I also tried realizing the palette in the memory DC before
transfering and it diden't work neither. Can somebody give a hand on
this?
                              Thanks in advance
                              estevez