DHCP Server machine grabbing IP Addresses?

DHCP Server machine grabbing IP Addresses?

Post by Michael Berkel » Tue, 07 May 2002 22:40:05

I have a domain server that is running DHCP Server, DHCP client is
disabled.  The machine has a small DHCP Scope and the server is
grabbing all available DHCP addresses.  Even after I break the lease,
the server will grab the IP address again.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

thanks in advance.

1. NT Server grabs extra addresses from DHCP

Our sister division has installed a new NT server (4.0).  I have the
DHCP server running on our NT server (3.51).  The NT server at the
sister division has a defined IP address, but it keeps grabbing two
"extra" IP addresses from the DHCP server.  When viewing the active
leases in the DHCP manager, these leases use a symbol of a computer
with what looks to be a telephone in front of it, and the name of the
computer is indeed the name of the server at the other division. The
unique identifier for these leases, which is normally the MAC addresses
for all other computers, is about 30 characters long.

Supposedly no one is dialing up and using RAS.  If I try to ping these
addresses that the new server takes, there is no response.  Because we
are short on IP addresses, these wasted addresses pose a problem.

Any ideas as to why the new server is taking these additional addresses?

Thanks for any help, and if you would like to reply, I'd appreciate an
email copy, as my news server misses quite a few articles.

--
Joe Huber

2. Copying tape-tape & 33 1/3 records to CD's

3. DHCP Server and IP Address change of the server

4. No sound

5. Unable to contact DHCP server, IP address needs to be renewed

6. booting from the cd windows xp

7. can't get ip address frome dhcp server

8. Start up

9. setting CEPC IP Address with loadcepc instead of DHCP server

10. DHCP Server Services for Virtual IP addresses Net

11. Cannot get IP address from DHCP server

12. How can I find out the IP address(es) of the DHCP server

13. DHCP server confused about its IP address