Why am I still getting files in my Temp and Temporty Internet Files folders?

Why am I still getting files in my Temp and Temporty Internet Files folders?

Post by Jeff Smit » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

What are the Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders in the Windows
directory for? I've specified an altogether different drive for my virtual
memory and my web browser caches yet I'm still ending up with files in these
two folders.

Why am I still getting files in my Temp and Temporty Internet Files folders?

Post by darksta » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

windows\temp dir is use by windows to creat temporary files use by
other programs.... one example is installation programs this can be
move you a location of your choice by adding the following to your
autoexec.bat
set tmp=C:\<your temp dir>
set temp=C:\<your temp dir>
Make sure <your temp dir> you're pointing to actually exists.
as for the temporary internet, go to internet option in the general
tab under "temporary internet files" heading click settings...then
click move folder....
==========================

>What are the Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders in the Windows
>directory for? I've specified an altogether different drive for my virtual
>memory and my web browser caches yet I'm still ending up with files in
these
>two folders.

Why am I still getting files in my Temp and Temporty Internet Files folders?

Post by darksta » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Where will we find "Internet option, general tab"?

control panel-->the internet-->first tab should be the general

another way... open IE click view-->internet options
cheersss
=======================
original message is deleted.........

Post by Michae » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>>Where will we find "Internet option, general tab"?

>control panel-->the internet-->first tab should be the general

>another way... open IE click view-->internet options
>cheersss

Yet another way is right click on the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop
and select 'Properties'. The 1st tab should be 'general'
Quote:>=======================
>original message is deleted.........

Why am I still getting files in my Temp and Temporty Internet Files folders?

Post by Jeff Smit » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the tips but my question relates to the fact that I have ALREADY
gone into IE and moved the temporary internet files folder but yet I'm still
getting files accumulating in there.

>windows\temp dir is use by windows to creat temporary files use by
>other programs.... one example is installation programs this can be
>move you a location of your choice by adding the following to your
>autoexec.bat
>set tmp=C:\<your temp dir>
>set temp=C:\<your temp dir>
>Make sure <your temp dir> you're pointing to actually exists.
>as for the temporary internet, go to internet option in the general
>tab under "temporary internet files" heading click settings...then
>click move folder....
>==========================

>>What are the Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders in the Windows
>>directory for? I've specified an altogether different drive for my virtual
>>memory and my web browser caches yet I'm still ending up with files in
>these
>>two folders.

1. Temp Internet files getting smaller-why?

I have win me and ie6, plenty of ram and a large hard drive and my tif cache
is set to 80 mbs.  I have verified that my cache size decreases as I go to
new web pages by checking the size and the number of files in the tif folder
as i surf.  I think it may cause slow loading of a cached page when i press
the back button.  I checked it out a little yesterday and more today.  It
seems to be arbitray at what point the cache starts decreasing in size but i
have not noticed it above 11 mbs.  Does anyone have any idea what's going
on.  Thanks.

Dave

2. NT 4.0 server interface: yuck??

3. LOST LICENSES TO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

4. cookies - temp files - temp internet files

5. Disabling 'cd checks' copy protection

6. Why file search excludes Temp Internet files?

7. Reluctant to Install Norton Utilities

8. remove temp internet file folder from desktop & allow long file names for cd-rom

9. XWP2KSFD.TRC What is the file and why am I getting it

10. Temp and Temp I'net Folders and Files

11. How to use files in temp int files folder with win xp

12. Delete all files and folders in temp file