JVM for browser (applets) on a SuperH-based "Chip PC"?

JVM for browser (applets) on a SuperH-based "Chip PC"?

Post by Paul Kieni » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:01:54

My company has customers that are trying to access a web-based product
via these "Chip PC" devices which are internet thin clients running
Windows CE.NET on, I think, a Hitachi SuperH risc processor.  The
browser it comes with, PIE, does not support Java applets.  The web
product needs applet support.

I have looked around and have seen that there are some solutions out
there for some systems running some CE versions to be able to run
applets while browsing.  But I have not been able to get any clarity
about whether such an option is available for this particular system
or not.  Does anyone know if there's a way to install a JVM that
supports applets in PIE, or another browser that includes a JVM, on
this device?

If not, the client is stuck viewing everything through Citrix -- an
awful fate.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can drop in my direction.

1. brower unable to open "Java" Applets or "Applets"

hello sir/madam/miss
kindly please help me to rectify my browser because I am unable to open
anythings that are related to "java" Applets or "applets".
I am using Window 98 OS and surfing with IE5 browser.
I also did enable all the "Java" options in the "Advance" Tool instrustions
box.

thanks for reading my msg
TCOon
Singapore
1550hrs
19/05/2000

2. Is it my keyboard?

3. "Power" PC chips can eat shit

4. Remote access threw a cable modem and a DSL Line Help???

5. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

6. CPU usage constantly oscillates between 0 and 37%

7. Network browser lists "Computer Descriptions" instead of "Computer Names"

8. ie6 edit button greyed out

9. Setting Tilt Wheel to "Back" & "Forward" in Web Browser

10. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

11. Image colors: "browser-safe" or "platform-safe"?

12. New "Sport-Ute" case for the Windows CE based H/PC's

13. Same "image", ie6 "hangs" on some websites on some PC's.