Password misplaced

Post by Murali Ranganatha » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I am a sole user of NT Workstation and have lost both the administrator and
user passwords. Is there any way to create new passwords short of re-formatting
the hard drive and loading NT all over?? Re-installing NT over the existing
version simply assumes the existing passwords which I do not know.

Help!!

Password misplaced

Post by Padu Nellayapp » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

If u hv the Emergency Repair Disk, and hv not updated the ERD after u
created the new passwords, u can repair the installation and it will
bring u back to where u were as soon as u installed NT workstation.

this ofcourse will not preserve any other changes u made to the system
after installation.

hope this helps.