DHCP Server Services for Virtual IP addresses Net

DHCP Server Services for Virtual IP addresses Net

Post by Tan Seng Ke » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a NT Server with ony a Ethernet card. I hane configured it with a
static IP address.

 I would like to set up another Virtual IP network and I assigned the
Virtual IP address to the same interface and the
DHCP server is configured to managed a set of the virtual address. I
ping the server using the virtaul address and it works
OK.

However, in term of the DHCP Server configuration, the server does not
seem to response to any DISCOVER message.

Can the DHCP server services be setup bsed on the virtual address

( I tried the DHCP Server services based on the static IP address, it
works fine for me )

Thank you....