How to auto install a windows9x driver

Post by David R » Fri, 17 May 2002 18:41:33

Hi all:

I have the driver for a pccard device, it works perfectly. But every
time I put this pccard on a machine which doesn't have the driver I
have to install the driver again (it is normal).
I want to automate the instalation process, I mean, to copy all the
drivers to some directory and copy the inf file to some other
directory, then when I plug the pccard on the pcmcia bus, windows
migth detect that there is an inf file for this device and install
pccard's driver.

Thanks to read this.

David.

1. XP Auto Driver Install

I want to install the drivers for my SB Live Value card that I downloaded
from the Creative web site. I'm having some audio playback problems and I
was hoping that this would solve it. When I remove the existing drivers, I'm
prompted to restart my machine. After the restart, XP automatically installs
it's own drivers for this device. Is there a way I can stop it from doing
that?

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

2. OPEN WITH 'recommended'...

3. Auto update installs wrong version of driver

4. Iomega Zip Drive - Password Protection

5. How to stop drivers being auto-installed from Windows Update?

6. NNN - Problems with XP

7. Can you DISABLE auto driver installs???

8. Parallel Install

9. Auto download/install of drivers from MS site...

10. Sound Card Drivers Installed Auto, Why?

11. How do i stop WinME auto-installing drivers?

12. Is it possible to auto install drivers without using windows update?

13. Video story under Windows9x