Apache Reverse proxy to handle https requests

Apache Reverse proxy to handle https requests

Post by Sundar Ramaswa » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:04:03

Hi
 I used the following configuration for setting up a reverse proxy to
enable the site http://wwwint.teledata.maxblue.it be accessed.

local host file
10.138.92.73   wwwint.teledata.maxblue.it

the httpd.conf file
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>

SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache dbm:/temp/datafile

SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel info
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/jens.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/jens.key

NameVirtualHost 10.138.92.73
Listen 443

<VirtualHost 10.138.92.73>

ProxyRequests On
ProxyPass / https://mxbitshow.teledata.de/
ProxyPassReverse / https://mxbitshow.teledata.de/

</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.

However whenever i try to start my apache reverse proxy the following
error appears - "Illegal attempt to re-initialise server SSL for
server". What is this error? Also how can i set up a reverse proxy for
handling SSL requests?

1. How do you determine a HTTP vs HTTPS request for reverse proxy?

I am somewhat green in working with the Apache Server.  Here are the
directives I am using for a reverse proxy implementation.  This will
not work for an HTTPS request.  How can I modify to dynamically work
with HTTP or HTTPS requests?

<VirtualHost 172.20.64.90>
        ServerName www.sam-art.org
        ErrorDocument 502       /error/maintenance.html
        DocumentRoot    "c:/program files/apache group/apache/htdocs/sam-art"
        CustomLog logs/sam-art.access.log common
        ErrorLog logs/sam-art.error.log
        <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
            CacheRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/proxy/sam-art"
            NoCache     *
                Redirect /index.html http://usa.samsonite.com/lansaimg/samart/

                ProxyRequests           On

                ProxyPassReverse        /lansaimg/samart        http://usa.samsonite.com/lansaimg/samart/
                ProxyPass                       /lansaimg/samart        http://usa.samsonite.com/lansaimg/samart/

        </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Please help...Dan

2. HP deskjet printer problem with Windows XP

3. Browser handling for HTTP file transfer requests

4. Participate in a Psychovisual Study!

5. Apache 1.3.14 as Reverse proxy (with SSL & TCP session management)

6. cmd32 error

7. reverse proxy and url "translation" with apache - help !

8. Attaching text files in Messenger

9. Win32 Apache as Reverse Proxy

10. IE6 does not handle HTTP proxies properly

11. proxy and reversed proxy

12. WIN32-apache 1.3.20 (windows NT) problem of serving concurrent https requests

13. Getting HTTP request body from Apache handler