No audio on return from stand-by

Post by David Bake » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:02:08

When my machine goes to stand-by mode, on returning to normal operation the
audio is lost on windows events.  I am using a Vortex sound card with the
latest drivers I can find and it always worked perfectly when I was using
Windows 98SE but not with ME.

Anybody have an idea why, as the only solution is to re-boot the machine.  I
might as well have powered down and turned it off!

--
David Baker

No audio on return from stand-by

Post by Koldbea » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 02:05:30

1) Check for new drivers for your audio card.
2) Try reinstalling them.
Boot into Safe Mode
Open Device Manager
Remove all Audio devices.
Reboot normal

--
8O)
Koldbear

> When my machine goes to stand-by mode, on returning to normal operation the
> audio is lost on windows events.  I am using a Vortex sound card with the
> latest drivers I can find and it always worked perfectly when I was using
> Windows 98SE but not with ME.

> Anybody have an idea why, as the only solution is to re-boot the machine.  I
> might as well have powered down and turned it off!

> --
> David Baker

No audio on return from stand-by

Post by David Bake » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:43:54

Thank you Koldbear, I'm giving your suggestions a try.  I have at last
managed to find a download site with the latest drivers.  I got it wrong,
it's not a Vortex s/c but an Aztech A3D PCI338 using the same chipset.  Wish
me luck!

David Baker

1) Check for new drivers for your audio card.
2) Try reinstalling them.
Boot into Safe Mode
Open Device Manager
Remove all Audio devices.
Reboot normal

--
8O)
Koldbear
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

> When my machine goes to stand-by mode, on returning to normal operation
the
> audio is lost on windows events.  I am using a Vortex sound card with the
> latest drivers I can find and it always worked perfectly when I was using
> Windows 98SE but not with ME.

> Anybody have an idea why, as the only solution is to re-boot the machine.
> might as well have powered down and turned it off!

> --
> David Baker

No audio on return from stand-by

Post by Koldbea » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:53:09

Good Luck

--
8O)
Koldbear
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

> Thank you Koldbear, I'm giving your suggestions a try.  I have at last
> managed to find a download site with the latest drivers.  I got it wrong,
> it's not a Vortex s/c but an Aztech A3D PCI338 using the same chipset.  Wish
> me luck!

> David Baker

> 1) Check for new drivers for your audio card.
> 2) Try reinstalling them.
> Boot into Safe Mode
> Open Device Manager
> Remove all Audio devices.
> Reboot normal

> --
> 8O)
> Koldbear
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

> > When my machine goes to stand-by mode, on returning to normal operation
> the
> > audio is lost on windows events.  I am using a Vortex sound card with the
> > latest drivers I can find and it always worked perfectly when I was using
> > Windows 98SE but not with ME.

> > Anybody have an idea why, as the only solution is to re-boot the machine.
> > might as well have powered down and turned it off!

> > --
> > David Baker

1. Stand-by Mode does not work after close Window Media Player

Hi,

My brother has a notebook. As soon as he starts the windows media player,
Windows 98 will not allows to fell in Stand-by mode, even if  we close WMP.

We receive the message "Could not ....., because there is a driver or a
program still working. I stopped  every process except "explorer and
systray" and it does not work.

Does anybody know why?

Kind regards

Mac

2. studying for MCSE?

3. Internet connection in stand-by mode

4. ADV: eValid Ver. 3.2 Evaluation Available

5. Stand-by

6. Creative Geforce2 & Direct 3D problems

7. Stand-by mode

8. Server Service

9. Stand By Mode and Audio Cd

10. Stand-by