Need info on writing VB add-ins in VC++ on Win95

Need info on writing VB add-ins in VC++ on Win95

Post by Robert F. Monro » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Could anyone direct me to documentation on writing Visual Basic
add-ins in Visual C++? The VB documentation makes it clear how to
write one in VB but I have been unable to find any references to
doing it in C++.

I have used the class wizard to create the COleDispatchDriver
derived class from the VB typelib and I know that the project needs
to be set up as an OLE server but that is about all I know. There
are 'connect' and 'disconnect' events that need to be handled by
the add-in and some other conditions that have to be addressed.
Once I get VB to recognize my C++ program as an add-in, I am fairly
confident that I can feel my way through the rest.

Thanks in advance,
        Bob.
--
Robert F. Monroe

1. Intervideo add-ins

Today, I finally decided to purchase the MP3 add-in for
Media Player from Intervideo.  When prompted on whether I
wanted to get the MP3 pack, the DVD add-in, or both, I
chose the MP3 only since my DVD works fine.  After
installing the add-in, my DVD or the TV on my media
center no longer worked.

The only way that I could correct this was to purchase
the full add-in pack.  What a waste of time and money.
Beware if you decide to purchase the MP3 encoder that the
system is prompting you to buy!

Matt

2. Pop-up Messages through Microsoft Messenger Service.

3. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources

4. Media player = slowdown?

5. Digital Audio DLL's or Add-Ins

6. OE6 as default

7. Removing unwanted browser add-ins

8. Windows Version is Wrong, how do I fix?

9. browser add-ins

10. 4.7, add-ins and unable to access hotmail

11. Add-ins for Windows Messenger

12. Previous IE add-ins

13. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources