Where can i get decent software for these things?

Where can i get decent software for these things?

Post by Bob Johnso » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,
I have a casio E105, love it.  But don't like the software that I have
found.  It seems that people don't write software for these things the way
one would assume.  (at least that is how it seems to me.)

Whether I have to pay for it, or if it is free(which is obviously more
desirable) I don't care.  But I want to be able to do what I want to do with
it.   Such as manage my checking account, and things of that nature.

Does anyone know of a good site, or have any information about this sort of
information?
Also, does it seem to anyone else that there just isn't enough documentation
included with the casio?  I would like a little more specific information
about it than a quick start sheet can provide:-{

Well anyway, just wondered if anyone knew of any info.
Thanks in advance.

Where can i get decent software for these things?

Post by todd yate » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

this is a novelty system...at best.  windows ce is already dead, and we all
know it. we`re all just pissed that we got conned into wasting exorbitant
sums on purchasing these soon-to-orphan devices. there was never a
consistent software development effort for these devices, and, as you have
correctly noted, most of the junk thats out doesnt even have its own install
program. i could have had it all in the ``PALM`` of my hand.....   (proud
[lol] owner of a casio e10..

Quote:> Greetings,
> I have a casio E105, love it.  But don't like the software that I have
> found.  It seems that people don't write software for these things the way
> one would assume.  (at least that is how it seems to me.)

> Whether I have to pay for it, or if it is free(which is obviously more
> desirable) I don't care.  But I want to be able to do what I want to do
with
> it.   Such as manage my checking account, and things of that nature.

> Does anyone know of a good site, or have any information about this sort
of
> information?
> Also, does it seem to anyone else that there just isn't enough
documentation
> included with the casio?  I would like a little more specific information
> about it than a quick start sheet can provide:-{

> Well anyway, just wondered if anyone knew of any info.
> Thanks in advance.

Where can i get decent software for these things?

Post by Ben Won » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try www.ceshopper.com or you can search windows ce from www.download.com.

Regards,
Ben

> Greetings,
> I have a casio E105, love it.  But don't like the software that I have
> found.  It seems that people don't write software for these things the way
> one would assume.  (at least that is how it seems to me.)

> Whether I have to pay for it, or if it is free(which is obviously more
> desirable) I don't care.  But I want to be able to do what I want to do with
> it.   Such as manage my checking account, and things of that nature.

> Does anyone know of a good site, or have any information about this sort of
> information?
> Also, does it seem to anyone else that there just isn't enough documentation
> included with the casio?  I would like a little more specific information
> about it than a quick start sheet can provide:-{

> Well anyway, just wondered if anyone knew of any info.
> Thanks in advance.

Where can i get decent software for these things?

Post by Skip » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Uh.. pardon me. It is late and I am brain dead. Is your response tongue in cheek
or are you serious?

> this is a novelty system...at best.  windows ce is already dead, and we all
> know it. we`re all just pissed that we got conned into wasting exorbitant
> sums on purchasing these soon-to-orphan devices. there was never a
> consistent software development effort for these devices, and, as you have
> correctly noted, most of the junk thats out doesnt even have its own install
> program. i could have had it all in the ``PALM`` of my hand.....   (proud
> [lol] owner of a casio e10..

Where can i get decent software for these things?

Post by Jim Taylo » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Bob,
I have a Casio E100 and E105 and love them both.

Here are a few sites that you may want to explore.  In some cases you will need
to navigate within the site to get to software for Win CE.

www.tucows.com/wince/
www.palmpc.org.uk/sw-apps.html
www.casioe100.com/wall_paper.htm
www.laridian.com  great bible software
www.jimmy.com games
www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/lab/3533/palm_sw.html
nscp.snap.com/download/cat/0,19, nscp-10003-0,oo.html

Others you will find if you search.  There are collections of shareware,
commercial, and tips available.

Jim Taylor

> Greetings,
> I have a casio E105, love it.  But don't like the software that I have
> found.  It seems that people don't write software for these things the way
> one would assume.  (at least that is how it seems to me.)

> Whether I have to pay for it, or if it is free(which is obviously more
> desirable) I don't care.  But I want to be able to do what I want to do with
> it.   Such as manage my checking account, and things of that nature.

> Does anyone know of a good site, or have any information about this sort of
> information?
> Also, does it seem to anyone else that there just isn't enough documentation
> included with the casio?  I would like a little more specific information
> about it than a quick start sheet can provide:-{

> Well anyway, just wondered if anyone knew of any info.
> Thanks in advance.

Where can i get decent software for these things?

Post by Bob Johnso » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thank you all for the info, hopefully I can find what I am looking for.  I
don't have the time, (or willingness for that matter) to develop these
programs myself.
Regards,
Bob

1. BUY COMPUTER SOFTWARE AT A DECENT PRICE!!!

Hi come to    www.hanovernewsagency.com

We sell computer software, beanie babies, and boyd's bears at our new
online store.  Stop in and look around and please let me know what you
think about our new site.

Thank You,

Jim Culp

2. how to go back to 98 from xp after changing from fat 32

3. Any Decent Movie Making Software for Win XP?

4. Insight's TA-100 CD-ROM drive

5. Netware 3.12 to NT Server 4.0

6. share.exe not present - Excel 5.0 Install

7. Decent free XP burn Software

8. Any decent NT Fax software available?

9. Decent internet file transfer software?

10. getting things to work