Removing "My Network Places"

Post by Michael Turne » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:53:36

I have asked this before, but have stupidly lost the answer.

How do I remove the "My Network Places" icon from my desktop in WindowsMe?

It doesn't do any harm, but it is of no use either - and it bugs me!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Removing "My Network Places"

Post by Kevin Marshal » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:43:59

Install TweakUI, click the desktop tab, and uncheck My Network Places.

Quote:> I have asked this before, but have stupidly lost the answer.

> How do I remove the "My Network Places" icon from my desktop in WindowsMe?

> It doesn't do any harm, but it is of no use either - and it bugs me!

> Thanks in advance,

> Mike.

Removing "My Network Places"

Post by Tom Cummin » Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:30:19

Quote:> I have asked this before, but have stupidly lost the answer.

> How do I remove the "My Network Places" icon from my desktop in WindowsMe?

> It doesn't do any harm, but it is of no use either - and it bugs me!

Start/settings/control panel/network/

Remove "Client for Microsoft networks".
All you need for Internet access are "Dial-up adaptor" and "TCP-IP".

--
Tom Cumming